3

izuku pov 

it's been three weeks since i was forced to join ua the villians toga and dabi are growing more smug and they keep trying to subtly hint that they want me to join them but no thankyou plus really not that subtle .i've some how been roped into being apart of blondies group i dont really talk much but they annoyed me till i joined them . as it was i was at lunch when i got a call , " hello is this mr izuku midoriys speaking " asked a voice i dont know from an unknown number " yes who's asking " i said " mr and mrs rudo and hikari shikayuami were caught in a villian attack and you are listed as their emergancy contact , they arnt likely to make it since their in critical condition and theres not much than can be done we advise you to come imeditally " spoke a woman down the line so i asked what hospital before imeditally standing up and grabbing my stuff and hurried to the school office , by no means am i upset but im doing this for mai , i didnt get to say bye to my mum so by hell im going to make sure she get's to say bye to her parents .

i quickly made my way to mai's school and quickly informed the office why i was there and why mai had to be collected early , mai looked confused i sighed calling a taxi and putting a sound barrier up so the driver couldnt listen in on a sensitive matter " mai do you want me to sugar coat this , because this is going to be upsetting " i said calmly " just tell me izu " she said " your parents were caught in a villian attack and their not likely to make it " i said " what do you mean " she asked tears coming forth " it means they are currently dying and are not likely to get better , we're going to the hospital and this will most likely be good bye but im making sure we get there before they pass so you have the opertunity to say goodbye " i said she cried and hugged my side i tipped the taxi man before quickly carrying mai into the hospital . " hello im the emergancy contact for rudo and hikari shikayuami im here with their daughter , where's are they " i asked " room 304 in the critical condition ward just follow the red line and look out for the room umber " advised the nurse i nodded my thanks before quickly making my way to the room .

both were bearly awake i gave mai to her mum so she could hug her and her dad patted her hair and kissed her fore head i recorded the moment so she could have this forever , they told her how much they loved her and how proud they are and how they know she'll grow up to be big and strong and they'll always love her no matter what she dose , who she dates and who she becomes and that they'll be watching over her the whole time . and then their heartbeats slowly faded mai cried .the doctor pulled me aside " we'd just like to inform you that mai will need to be put into an orphanage or foster care we have a few places that have excellent reviews " said the doctor , i may fucking regret this " it wont be necessary " i said " what do you mean she has no other family " said the doctor " i'll take care of her , her parents trust me , i've cared and baby sat her since she was born . she needs someone who she knows and she needs to have as little change as possible " i said " but your a kid yourself " he scoffed " a kid that's baby sat her since she was born , who owns his own house where she has her own room , who has a steady income perfectly capabile of surporting the two of us and is legally imancipated and can look after himself . i can tell you now those so callled 'highly recomened ' orphanges and foster homes are hell that i'd never put any child through having been a young child dumped their myself " i said darkly so i got the doctor to let me sign for her guardianship even if he was hesitent to let it happen .

i headed back into the room to mai she looked up at me she was a fairly intellegent child so she knew she didnt have any family so she sadly asked " am i gonna be sent away izu " i sighed " your not going anywhere you dont know , i decied to take legal guardianship over you so from now on youll be living with me " i said witch led me to having a child hugging me so i carried her and she decied to stay wrapped in my arms while i arranged funeral options i payed for her parents to be burried since my mother was cremated and unfortunatly due to being shoved into the care system i couldnt take an earn with me so i took a little jar neclace and it contians the small portion of my mothers ashes i managed to keep .