Chapter 1: The Egg

Etho sighed as the glowing experience fell from the sky. He kept his head down, avoiding eye-contact with the enderman.

Finally.. he thought, That took longer than expected.. He reached for the dragon egg, barely touching it before it teleported. I better not fall- he thought, looking down into the black void of the portal. He pushed himself off the portal, stumbling back a bit. Now.. where did that egg go... He spotted it a few meters away, his eyes lighting up as he ran up to it. He took out a piston, placing it behind the end. He reached for a redstone touch, just before he heard it.

Crack..

Etho looked to the egg, startled.

Crack.. crack....

Etho stared at the egg; was it hatching??

"No way..." Etho said to himself quietly, "That's not supposed to happen-" A little dragon head popped out with a little squeak. It broke out of the egg, shaking the egg shells off of it. It opened its eyes, turning to glare at Etho. The Canadian felt a shiver run down his spine, starting to feel cold and weak. He took a few steps back as the dragonet glared at him with its dark magenta eyes. He felt its weird aura around him, heavy and damp... weighing him down....

No no no no no-  he panicked, backing towards the portal and stumbling a bit, that's not supposed to happen- I need to tell Xisuma-

He felt panic rise up in his chest, feeling the dragonet's stare pierce his soul. His knees buckled, as he hit the ground, panting heavily. His arms and legs becoming colder and colder, as his voice echoed in his head.

Hiiiiiiii! the voice echoed, Long time no see, huh Etho?

"Goddammit..." Etho mumbled, pushing himself up cautiously. The dragonet didn't move, just staring at him with its weird aura. The Canadian felt pain surge through his body, as he growled deeply in anger. "Snowfall- I'll deal with you-" He stopped, coughing up blood. Snowfall laughed.

That's what you get! Snowfall exclaimed, Here, lemme do you a favor...

Etho coughed violently suddenly. His vision blurred, feeling light-headed and his breathing quick and short.

Dammit Snowfall....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"ISKALL!!" Grian skydived into the Swede's tree, landing gracefully on the ground. He grinned proudly, as Iskall laughed quietly in amusement.

"Well, hallo to you too," Iskall said, sorting through his chests. Caramelldansen played in the background, an interesting choice of song to play on a peaceful day.

"Whatcha up to?" Grian asked, watching Iskall.

"Nothing much- just doing the daily chores," Iskall replied, "What about you?"

"I was just on my way to the shopping district. I wanted to get some resources for my mansion."

"Do you need moral support to go there?" Iskall joked. Grian pouted childishly.

"I'm fInE tHaNk YoU!"

Iskall laughed, as Grian whined in slight annoyance.

"Well, if you have a mansion to work on, why are you here?" Iskall asked after he calmed down.

"Uhhhhhhhh-" Grian rubbed the back of his head, fluffing out his wings a bit. Iskall looked at him, his expression a bit disappointed.

"You're procrastinating, aren't you?"

"Procrastinating? No way!"

"You so are!"

"Okay- fine. Maybe I am-" Grian grumbled. Iskall snickered, picking up a few shulker boxes.

"Anyway, I'm heading to my industrial district," Iskall said, heading towards his nether portal, "You can follow me if you want, but I suggest you go work on your mansion." Grian groaned.

"Finee, see you later then."

Iskall waved to the Brit, as he entered the portal. Grian sighed, lifting off. He flew to shopping district, the slight breeze feeling nice on his face. He smiled, diving down towards Impulse's guardian shop and reaching into his pocket. He frowned, groaning in annoyance.

I forgot my diamonds......hopefully the Barge has some..

Grian trudged to the Barge, checking the chest for profits.

Nothing...nothing...oH! 13 diamonds!

The gremlin reached into the chest, gathering the diamonds in his arms. He headed to his ender chest as he felt a shock run through him, from the tip of his toes right to his head. He tensed, startled, dropping the diamonds.

What was that- he thought, slight panicked. He looked around nervously. Is someone playing a prank on me? He looked down, tapping the floor with his foot. The shock didn't come back- it wasn't a prank. He picked up the diamonds carefully, staying cautious.

That was weird...