/Prologue\

Cold.

That was the first thing that has greeted you. You weren't sure how long you were like this. Lights were dancing around in your vision, leaving a sense of disorientation that washed over you. Your senses were slowly coming back to you, first by the extremely cold, hard surface that pressed uncomfortably against your back. You could hear your ragged breathing, and you attempted to move your limbs, yet something held you back. Thoughts raced in your head frantically as you tried to figure out what was going on.

Muffled noises rang in the background, sounding as if they were underwater. You strained to listen but you couldn't understand the incoherent mumbling. You wished you could move, but your body refused to listen. Yet oddly, you felt as if you were exposed, with the culmination of your own being poked and prodded. What's going on? The thought suddenly took hold of your attention, feeling your own heart racing as questions started barreling down like a snowball. Who am I?

Where am I?

You took a moment to stop your train of thought, to calm yourself down. Come on, remember. Prompting yourself to recall memories, it finally rushed to you.

My name is Y/N L/N.

I am 19 years old.

At first, it was a realization. Then you chanted these two statements in your head, to keep yourself sane and stuck in reality. Your eyesight slowly started to focus, the lights blending in a more clarified form as you could start to make your surroundings. You were on a metal table, your hands and legs barred to the smooth surface of it. You could see a red soul hovering above you, covered in flecks of other colors. Wires extruded from the soul, connecting to a machine nearby with a screen. Figures clad in white stood beside the table, their attention solely on the soul. You watched as the figures exchanged incomprehensible words with one another, one passing a syringe to another as they inject a substance into your soul. A pang went through your body as you hissed in pain, your body automatically arching upwards as it struggled to get free.

I am Y/N L/N. Your mind repeated as you watched the scene in an almost otherworldly perspective, slightly dazed. I am Y/N L/N, and I refuse to be..

Everything started to sound as if it was drifting away, your vision starts to fade to black as your thoughts enclose on one statement.

I refuse to be their toy.