chapter twenty five

"Why do I feel like it's move-in day at university or something?" Jisung complains, his backpack sitting heavy on his back as he tries to wade through the cardboard boxes at the door of his new apartment

At the soft laugh to his left Jisung looks from the mess in his new home to the boy standing next to him, a similar look of defeat on his face as they know that they must get settled quickly as they're being ushered to the company in an hour or so, "Neither of us have been to university though"

"Well this is what I imagine it to be like"

It's chaos, but as Jisung shares a smile with his new co-worker, friend and flatmate, Shotaro, he's just glad that one of the boys he got to know on their interview day was picked as well.

Both of them had arrived to the apartment complex housing Lee Corporation employees at similar times, and both of them were still in shock at how nice this place was. It looked nothing like Mark's apartment, of course, but it was still nice and Jisung found himself excited for when this school year is over so that he can actually spend some time in his new place.

"I swear someone else has their boxes in our apartment, I don't remember having half as much stuff as this" He admits, waddling into their apartment and seeing even more boxes upon the countertops.

"We're lucky Lee Corporations gifted us essential appliances and stuff" Shotaro chimes in with a smile and Jisung finds the boy's enthusiasm contagious, "And I suppose they want us to move in now so when we officially start we're just ready to go..."

Jisung hums along at such a conclusion, it makes sense, and having one empty apartment for the next few months isn't a big loss to a company as renowned as this. Plus if Jisung ever found himself in the city, perhaps if him and Donghyuck were visiting Mark again, it gives them a place to stay- even if Mark insists on them staying with him.

"I also feel extremely lucky that we're flatmates" Jisung admits, shimmying his own backpack off and placing it on the floor next to their rather large and very comfy looking sofa.

He had met Shotaro almost as soon as he'd walked through the doors of the company building, both of them getting to the sign in stand at the same time. Through nervous smiles and polite nods of the head, after signing in and receiving their visitor badges, both boys introduced themselves as they made their way to the reception chairs, waiting to be called on.

Jisung learned that although Shotaro was older than him, they shared much of the same interests and after only a couple of minutes of conversing, Jisung's nerves seemed to have calmed greatly.

They were grouped together and shown around by Johnny- who seemed very happy to see Jisung again- and despite being in such an unfamiliar environment, having someone else also completely new, helped ease his mind.

"Same it's so nice to know someone else here"

"I hope your survival skills are better than mine" Jisung smiles, "On a good day I can cook ramen"