chapter twenty four

"Okay, thank you!"

"Okay, thank you!"

Waving politely, Donghyuck and Jisung watch as one of Mark's sleek black company cars drives off into the distance, looking so out of place amongst the cobblestone cottages and lush fields peppered with wildflowers.

They had just been driven back home after a weekend in the city and despite the contrast between the flashy mechanic along the country road, Donghyuck felt almost sad to see it go, even knowing that it was going to come back the next day.

Mark had arranged for another driver to come tomorrow and pick Jisung up- alone, as Donghyuck just couldn't get the time off to chaperone again for Jisung's three-day placement.

He had to come home to pack some essentials; however, he didn't need much as he wasn't starting work permanently yet. It was a deal that Mark had managed to strike, Jisung would wait until after he had finished this year of school, and once he graduates, then he will move to the city and work under Lee Corporations.

As the thought of Mark crosses Donghyuck's mind, as he often does, the teacher instinctively lifts his hand up to the pendant hanging around his neck, a fond smile appearing on his face.

Unfortunately, Mark wasn't able to travel back with them. He had mentioned something about an important meeting he had to schedule with his father- something about finishing an important negotiation, but he promised that he'd be free to look after Jisung on his move-in day and make sure he was settling in well with the other interviewee that had also secured a job.

As much as Donghyuck wishes that Mark were here, he understands that he has important business to finish, and that believing in Mark's promise that they'll see each other soon, Donghyuck finds the comfort that he needs.

With a smile still stretched out upon his face, Donghyuck slings his arm around Jisung's shoulder's, smiling over at the boy, "Wanna see the guys and tell them the news?"

And as Jisung nods enthusiastically, Donghyuck mirrors his excitement as he suggests dropping their bags in his cottage before making their way to their friend's café, knowing that they'll be waiting eagerly to hear how their trip went.

~~~

"Hyuckie! Sungie!"

Almost as soon as the two boys enter the 'Wishing Well Tea Room' they're accosted by Jaemin who launches himself at them, his arms trapping them both in his hold.

"Hey, Nana..." Donghyuck greets, Jisung still fighting for air in the older's strong grip.

"At least let them breathe, they've had a long journey" Comes a tired voice from the back of the café, Donghyuck smiling knowingly as he sends a sincere look of gratitude over Jaemin's shoulder and to Renjun who just rolls his eyes behind the counter.

When Jaemin finally lets up his hold, ruffling both Donghyuck and Jisung's hair fondly, he guides them over to one of the bigger tables in their café, knowing that once he began quizzing them on their time in the big bad city, Jeno and Renjun will also join them at the table.