Chapter 3

Nora and Leo were pissed.

Nora had sought Leo out after leaving Sam's office, he was always easy to work with and got the job done but over the past 2 hours that they had been looking all over the city they had barely found a trace of the missing cybi girl.

They had just left a small corner shop where the guy behind the register hadn't known shit about the girl, Nora had the distinct feeling that he had been lying to them about something but she couldn't be arsed going back to pester the guy, he would most likely just faint if she tried any techniques to get him to talk and the last thing she wanted to do today was care for a whimpering buffoon.

Leo wasn't even scary but for some reason the guy had been acting like he was the devil and practically begged them to leave because they were scaring off approaching customers.

Leo had gotten on his bike and zoomed ahead like he was on some sort of mission from god and Nora had spent the past 30 minutes trying not to lose him in the crowd of morning commuters.

She had just weaved past an asshole in a big jeep who thought he was entitled to take up all of the road when Leo spoke to her through the earpieces they'd slipped in before they began hunting.

"Meet me at the alleway off the south, something happened" His voice crackled through the comm.

Nora tried to think about what could have happened at 9am on a monday morning that was so dramatic that her and Leo were being called in. When she couldn't come up with anything she just pressed into her earpiece and said back "Ok, see you there".

Driving through people on their way to work was possibly the most stressful thing Nora had ever experienced, she found herself yelling at people through their car windows as she drove past them and enjoyed watching the shocked and bewildered looks cross their faces when they realised who she was.

It took her around 8 minutes longer to get to the alleway than it should have and by the time she arrived she was in an even more pissy mood than earlier.

Parking her bike beside Leo's and efficiently getting off it to go and join him in front of the police tape, she scanned her surroundings quickly trying to remember exactly where she was.

She joined Leo and he threw her a look that had 'prepare yourself' written all over it.

"What is it?" She asked as he lifted the police tape for her to duck under.

He frowned at the sky and then turned to answer her, "Some gang members were found killed, blood everywhere and no other DNA but theirs as far as we're concerned"

Nora walked at a quick pace beside Leo as they made their way into the alleway, "Any idea what happened to them?" She asked as they entered the alley, it reeked of blood and Nora found herself covering her nose with her hand and coughing out the temptation to be sick.

5 bodies in total all lying cut up on the ground, 4 of them were at the end of the alley in a cluster and 1 of them was around 30ft away with a throwing knife in his back.

"Well this is just lovely" Nora muttered as she leant down to inspect the 1st body at the start of the alley.

Leo moved ahead to take a look at the others.

Nora grabbed a pair of latex gloves off of an officer that walked by and quickly slipped them on, kneeling down to look at the body, she quietly inspected the area that the knife had hit.

"Whoever threw this knife was incredibly strong," she whispered to herself as she looked at the damage the knife had done, it had embedded itself in the back of the dead guy's neck, slicing through his spinal cord and killing him instantly...."and has amazing aim" Nora added as she slowly examined the rest of the body.