Chapter 2

Lila sighed softly as she sat outside the school building, smoking a cigarette. She looked up at the open blue sky and laid back humming softly as she waited for Kyoka to get out of her final class. Her own last class was gym, in other words it was easy to skip because Mr. Hearth never took attendance he just went with whoever was there. She hummed softly, sitting up as her phone buzzed in her pocket. She pulled out the small black device and looked at the messages. With a small groan she laid back in the soft grass and stared up at the sky, no longer finding enjoyment in the simple action. The look she had on her face was full of malice. The alert on her phone was a message was from the spyware she placed on her best friends phone. This helped her keep track of her victims. Not everyone set off her alarms, just the ones that were overly flirty or clingy. 

              Lila let out a low growl as she waited for the one person that could keep her calm in these situations. It seemed she was going to have to make an unexpected change in her kill pattern once again for the sake of her love. The notification alerted her to the school's alpha jock sending Kyoka unwanted dick pics. Her low growl turned into a soft, wicked laugh. Those who could hear the maniacal sound knew that something bad was about to happen.

              "Lila?" Kyoka's voice called out, causing her to snap out of her trance. "Are you ok?" The girl asked her friend, looking down as she stood over her. The confusion on her face was clear, causing Lila to scowl a bit.

              'I hate when she looks at me like that... it makes me feel like a freak.' She thought to herself as she stood up. She brushed off her clothes and smiled down at the shorter girl. She hummed quietly and grabbed her bag. "Yes Kyoka, I'm doing fine. I was just waiting for you! So would you like to hang out, maybe got down to the lake?" 

               The Japanese girl thought for a few moments and shrugged softly. She hummed softly and smiled up at Lila. "I would love to go to the lake with you. I just have to run home and grab my bathing suit!" The smaller girl said with excitement.

               The taller Seminole girl chuckled to herself and nodded softly, waving her friend of in the direction of her home. "Alright then. Off you go. Let's say around 5:30? That gives us time to do homework and get ready." She failed to mention that she would also be preparing one last hunt for the month. She had already killed too much to begin with, she knew if she went on much further she would be caught. One last special victim before she goes dormant for a while, if she could manage that at least. Kyo just gave Lila a small nod and ran off. 

              Lila could she why her father named her what he did, even after a day of constant belittlement she never went long without a smile. Kyoka, arguably Americanized, but the meaning reigned true. Happiness. It was at that moment Lila realized two fundamental truths about her and Kyo. First, Kyoka was the yang to her yin. The girl was a calming force and a soft hand whenever she was going to break down. Second, living up to her name, Kyoka was Lila's happiness. Whenever she was around, it's like her world ignites with color and sounds she has never witnessed before. But in this moment... Watching her leave... Her world settled back into a grey, lifeless void. One she had grown accustomed to, to a point it was almost comforting. With a soft, short sigh before wandering to her own home. 

                As she entered her humble home and threw her bag on the couch. Despite not giving two shits about school, she already did the work. It helped that she was decently smart, she just didn't care to apply herself for nothing more than a piece of paper that meant nothing. She walked to her room, changing into a black and pink bikini with small skulls littering the cloth. She sighed softly and on a loose fitting hoodie and some gym shorts on to cover her up. Her body was only for Kyoka to admire, though there wasn't she liked about herself. Sure she had been blessed, if you could call it that, with large breast and a decent ass not to mention she had an athletic build. Other then that there wasn't much to her aside from old scars from a history of self harm. Kyoka has made it abundantly clear that the scars made Lila that much more beautiful,but she couldn't help but overthink. The stories her scars could tell... Sometimes the memories terrified her.