Kuch Is Tarah

"Bondita please darwaja kholo" he said banging the bathroom door while sitting on the floor.

It's been an hour since she locked herself in the bathroom and he was pleading her to come out. But the only thing he was getting was her silence.

He knows the incident that took place in the evening has broken her badly but all he wanted her to come out. He don't want her to be alone in this pain. He wanted to console her, to share her pain, the way she way always does. He wanted to say 'Everything is alright' but she was not listening to him. The girl who can hear him even without uttering a word, now is not even listening to his pleadings.

But it's not her fault. If someone is at fault then it was the situation where she was attacked by the monsters who tried to touch her inappropriately.

They were in the market when she demanded ice cream. Since the ice cream seller was far away from them, so he asked her to stay there, while he would bring her ice cream. And that was his biggest mistake that he left her alone.

When he came back, he witnessed heartbreaking scenario which he does not even want to see in his worst nightmare. She was surrounded by three to four men who were probably drunk and were trying to molest her while she was frightened and crying.

Now he was feeling guilty thinking that all this happened because of him.
If he had not left her alone, then it would not have happened and she would not have suffered like this. He felt that he had failed to fulfill the promise he had made to himself that he would always take care of her and protect her.

And from the top, neither is she speaking nor opening the door. 'This is not his Bondita' he thought. Because the Bondita he knows was very strong, strong enough to handle everything and fight every battle herself. But the Bondita, he is witnessing now, was completely opposite and that was scaring him the most. Different types of bad thoughts started running into his mind.

'No, no he can't lose hope' with this thought, he again started knocking on the door.

"Bondita darwaja kholo. Dekho main hoon na yahan, tumhare paas, tumhare saath. Sab kuch theek hai. Please bahar aayo" he pleaded again and again he got nothing but silence.

"Bondita... please..." he knocked on the door in the hope of getting any reply.

"Kuch toh bolo Bondita...Mujhe darr lag raha hai" he spoke again while his eyes brimming with tears.

Not a single day has passed when she has stopped her chattering. And now she has not spoken a word since they returned home. He has become so used to her chattering that now her silence was scaring him.

Wiping his eyes, he quickly stood up and banging the door loudly, he threatened her that if she didn't come out, he would break the door.

He breathed a sigh of relief, hearing the sound of door opening and followed her when she came out. But his steps came to halt when he saw her state. Her eyes were red and swollen. Her hair was scattered and her face was looking pale.

"Bon..di..ta.." he couldn't take her name properly because his heart was wrenching seeing her condition.

"Bondita" he tried to hold her by shoulder, but she stepped back and without looking at him, said,

"Aap please chale jayie yahan se, mujhe akela rehna hai"

"Nahi...main tumhe aise chod ke kahin nahi jayunga"

'Kuch is tarah, teri palkein
Meri palkon se mila de
Aansoo tere, saare
Meri palkon pe sajaa de'