Start of their End

This very moment was the start of their crumbling marriage. One accident erased her from his life and she was left all alone to defend herself and walk the path alone. Their blissful world vanished and for his life, she had to walk out completely.

She wakes up to another day of duties. Gets up and prepares herself to go to his office which she had started to handle as his wife. She held on to all his duties and burdens and relatives and family.

Despite being married for three years she was not a part of his life and family. She was just like a guest working for their company in his place. All the love and happiness seemed like a dream that vanished into thin air. After that one accident that broke her family apart.

Her handsome sexy husband whom she loved a lot and was blissfully happy and enjoying her married life. Learning to be there for each other, being the back of each other. Before I could confess my love for him it was gone. Just like that it was shattered. My dream my love my hope everything shattered. That accident made me lose my soul. Yet I had to be strong enough to hold onto everything in his place. Taking over his place was not easy, learning everything as I was clueless about all the struggles of Work.

His family blames me for all the devastation. Maybe I was at fault. Maybe if I had not married him, he might still be there smiling around happily. They say it's all because of my bad luck. That caused him such a serious injury. He has been in a coma for two years now I still don't know when he will wake up.

I just feel guilty about being the reason for all the mess. As I feel they were all correct, he was doing great without me by his side. How come suddenly within a year of our marriage everything cracked and succumbed to void.

My daily life starts with guilt and it keeps on haunting me. I live in the same room where we used to live together he is not here yet I always feel him being nearby me. So I always stay in this room away from everyone once I am done with company work. I work as the interim CEO of his company. I will hold this fort till he wakes up and never let anything happen to his beloved company.

I start my day and go to the office and start working on the pending projects and plan with my assistant the future meetings and projects. After my day ends I once again go and visit him. He is laying on the bed attached with all the machines . I go near him and sit by his side and talk about how the day went and what all happened in the company and what decisions I had taken. I know he cannot listen to me but I still want him to know I am taking care of his company and family well. Just waiting for him to wake up and talk to me someday. Doctor's had said his chance of waking up is slim. And yet I believe one day he will wake up.

I start massaging his body as usual and then start wiping his body. That's when I hear him ask " Who are you?" in a horse voice. I was shocked and I turn around to look at him to check if I really did hear anything or it was just one of my illusion.

I look into his eyes which were looking at me curiously I guess. I was shocked to see him awake. I run towards the door and call for doctors. After the doctor's come in they start checking him. I pray for this to be real. As my eyes are already red with tears . I wish nothing more than to embrace him. Completely ignoring the fact that he had asked me WHO I WAS.

It never clicked me that it was not a happily ever after from now on.
It was just starting to get towards the end.....