-i.

𝗣𝗿𝗼𝗹𝗼𝗴𝘂𝗲.

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

"Evangeline!" Caspian called.

"What?!" The girl shut her book tightly, stuffing it under her pillow.

"I'm coming in." Caspian opens the door.

"The same question remains.....What?" Evangeline looked unassumingly at her cousin.

"Listen," Caspian sits on the bed beside her, "King Edmund just sacrificed himself against the-"

"Stop it there," Evangeline cut him off, "These are just stories, Caspian, fairytales!" She looked at him.

"They're real Eva! You'll see." Caspian shook his head.

"You know how my dad feels about them." Evangeline got up and walked over to her chest of drawers.

"Look, you and I both know, depending on how this goes, we are running out of time. We could only have a few months left." Caspian turned to his cousin who's back was turned.

"And you think King Edmund the Just is going to help us do you?" She faced his, anger evident in her eyes.

"No, I just- I don't know. I thought it would help." Caspian's gaze fell into his lap.

"It doesn't help, Casp, it didn't help when we were children and it won't help now."

"It's alright, we will figure it out." Caspian assured the girl.

"It doesn't make a difference if I'm killed, it's you the people love." Her eyes shift to the window.

"They won't let it happen." Caspian stood up and walked towards her.

"I need to get back to my studies." She stated, her head snapping to look at Caspian. She walked out of her room leaving Caspian free to go at any time he wished.

As she strutted past a few of her father's guards she accepted their nods and briskly turned the final corner. She caught her breath and let her tears escape her dull eyes, and fall from her face onto the soft velvet fabric of her dress. She composed herself quickly knowing if she was found Miraz wouldn't be happy. She shook her head.

A few months potentially left and he wants to talk to me about stories of a made-up King.