Chapter 30: Epilogue

Dream POV:
August 12th, 2027
10:23

I'm pulled away from my sleep to the sound of my fiancée opening our bedroom door.

I sit up and rub my eyes. When I open them, I see George standing there with a relatively small box in his hand, and the stupidest grin on his face.

I chuckle as I ask him what he's up to. "Happy birthday Clay~" he says, giggling and handing me the box.

I look up at him with a questioning look in my eyes and he just nods his head to the box and tells me to open it.

Suddenly I get really excited and rip the wrapping off, and toss it into the trash can beside the bed.

I look up at George one last time before I open it, and I can see the excited look in his eyes as I'm about to open it.

Finally I open it and I find a little pouch. I untie that and find a few pictures and a chain necklace. I take out the pictures and look through them.

They're pictures from the carnival date we went on years ago. The date when we had our first kiss and we promised to be together forever.

I could cry.

I take the necklace out of the pouch as well. There's a locket on it, so I open it. Inside is a compass and an engraving saying "Your George".

I look at him with tears in my eyes and I practically jumped on him to give him a hug.

"And I had the compass specially made to point towards my compass at all times, so it actually does point to me." He says, I can feel his smile in my hair as we hug.

"George, you're amazing." I say, laughing a bit.

"But it's crazy because I got something for you too. I was gonna wait until your birthday to give it to you, but I might as well now."

I get up from the bed and walk over to the closet and pull out a gift from the back of the top shelf. I specifically put it there because I knew he couldn't see the top shelf, and I didn't have to worry about him finding it.

I walk back over to the bed and hand him the box. "I'm sorry it isn't wrapped nicely or anything. If I'd known, I would have wrapped it." I say.

"That's alright." He says, opening the small box.

Inside was a chain necklace, almost identical to the one he gave me. The only difference is that the inside of his compass says "Your Dream".

He laughs and puts it on.

"I can't believe we thought of the same thing to give each other. I guess we really are soulmates, huh?" He says, pulling me in for another hug.

I kiss his cheek and pull him in tighter.

"I'm so lucky to have you, George." I say, sincerely.

And we share sweet nothings like that for the rest of the morning.

••••••••

We actually did end up getting our dream house, and we're even getting married next year! I was hesitant to actually say yes to marry him, because I didn't see the point, but George wanted a big fat traditional wedding and I couldn't turn him down.

We both agreed not to adopt any kids for a while, so instead we adopted two cats! We named them Patches and Kat. They can be ornery at times, but we still love them.

I'm so glad our story had a happy ending, and I honestly couldn't imagine where I'd be without George.

****************************************
700 words :')

Hey guys! That's the end I guess.

I hope you all enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it!

If any of you have any ideas for maybe a sequel or another soulmate AU idea, let me know! I'd be down to do either.

I'm so happy that I got to share this story with all of you, and I honestly couldn't believe just how many people read it.

Well, that's it. I love you all and thank you so much for the support.

Goodnight, love you <3

-TheNoNameKid