Warrior Chapter 25

You decided that you should abide by your code of honor. You place your right palm on the tome. Suddenly, multiple streaks of gleaming white mist seep out from the tome and into your skin. Instantly, your mind is filled with enlightening clarity that you have never experienced. With your spirit lifted, you are set to avenge your family. But first, you need to get out of the sinkhole. You focus on the intention of getting out, the gleaming white mist seep out from your back and form a pair of wings. Delighted, you flap your wings, and eventually, you are lifted off the ground, and out of the hole. Upon landing the wings disintegrated back into the mist, you drag your mule into the wood so that you won't get ambushed by another sinkhole, as the Blessen River nearby may already have been eroded the soil around it such that it's unable to hold any additional weight. You sit down and open the tome, it's filled with oaths and prayers until the last few pages.

The words start to glow and in an instant, you are enveloped by a vision. You see a man with long, silvery-gray hair and beard donning a white tunic kneeling in front of a figurine praying. The tome he's holding is identical to the one in your hand. He's got to be Grand Master Knight Gennous. After he finishes his prayer, he gets up and goes outside for some fresh air. He arrives at the market square while two loitering citizens nearby are gossiping about a man-eating demon. He turns his gaze on them and stops at the nearby stall pretending to examine the merchandise while eavesdropping on their conversation. They say the demon is lurking in the woods by the Blessen River upstream and ambushes unwary caravans. No less than a dozen merchants had died under its jaw. Determined, Grand Master Knight Gennous figured out he should put the citizens at ease by ending the atrocities committed by the demon. He sets off that night on a horse to meet the devious creature. After a few days of travel, he arrives at a valley where the Blessen River is met by a waterfall, the exact spot where you find his remain.

As a just being, he quickly feels the presence of evil lurking in the woods, staring at him from the shadow. The eerie feeling of scopaesthesia will make short work of a person's courage, even for a soldier. But the Grand Master Knight is resolved, he kneels down and recites his prayer, trying to combat the devilish aura around him with words of holiness. Soon after, a series of sinister whisper slither into his ear and trying to devour his mind. But the determined Grand Master Knight doesn't budge at the insidious trickery, instead, gleaming white mist seep out from every pore from the Grand Master Knight and form a barrier around him. Eventually, the perilous whisper transforms into vehement hisses. Hellish being springs forth from a nearby bush and pounces at the Grand Master Knight. Deafening clang thunder out as the demon hits the barrier. It bounces back several paces away as it hits the barrier. The impact shatters the barrier, droplets of sweats pour forth from every inch of Gennous' skin as no one has managed to shatter his holy barrier before. This creature of tremendous evil is the strongest adversary he faces in his entire life.

This demon, standing at 2 meters tall, has an elongated reptilian skull, sinister sharp claws, slithering tail, and is covered with scales. It's pacing left and right, staring down at the Grand Master Knight while hissing and screeching in agitation. The Knight struggles to remain calm to conjure another holy barrier. The aroused demon screech at the heaven as sinister green mist ooze out from its body and form a ring of gas around it. Abruptly, the ring burst outward and burn anything it touches. The woods, the shrub, instantly erupt into an inferno while the vile ring of gas rampage across the battlefield. The ground where the gas spreads across is burning violently with columns of smoke rising. As the ring hits the Gennous' gleaming barrier, a loud clang thunder out, deflecting the corrosive gas away from the Knight and dissipate.

With maddening screeches and howling, the demon charges again at the Grand Master Knight. Knowing he can't keep defending the demon's relentless assault, he announces his ultimatum, by unsheathing his sword and countercharges the raging demon. The demon makes a mad leap, as its body dashes through the rising smoke, the Grand Master Knight plunges his sword into the demon as it does the same with its claw. The huge demon is impaled by the sword in the air while the Grand Master Knight is stabbed on the ground. A huge explosion of light burst forth as the demon's evil essence reacts violently with The Knight's justice essence, which calls forth a fatal concussion at both the Grand Master Knight and the demon which instantly sever their life from the earthly world. As the towering demon collapses, a miniature tremor rolls through the ground which is already weakened by the vile gas and causes it to cave in, burying the brave knight and the demon within, thus hiding them from future expeditions.