Chapter 1

It was Friday night. All of us were having a blast excluding me and my boyfriend. We were sitting on the sofa, having drinks but no one seemed to actually drink them. He was sitting on the far end of the couch. The atmosphere between us was quite awkward. His friend, Samay was sitting in between us which made it even more complicated for us to speak.

We have been dating for the past 1 year. I really don't know if it was a serious one but it definitely was a happy one. We seem to get along very well. But since last week, I have noticed that he has been acting quite weird. He keeps ignoring me and tends to avoid me in each way possible. I was confused. I was desperate to know the reason behind his behavior.

We were seeing each other after three day. Thanks to our mutual friends, Ansh and Vidhit. They announced their engagement and that's the reason why we are having a party here, in Vidhit's house.

I couldn't tolerate it anymore. It was suffocating. I was about to get up when I heard someone calling my name.

"Ishani." Samay called me.

"Yes, Samay."

"We have something to ask you."

"We?" I asked him.

Aarush had his head hung low, it seemed that he was again trying to avoid me.

"Yes, we. Me and your boyfriend, Aarush have something to ask you."

It was quite confusing. I didn't have any idea about what they were going to ask me. I glanced towards Aarush and finally decided to answer the questions which they had for me. I sat down and Samay got up from his place so I could sit quite close to Aarush.

I couldn't help but stare at Aarush who still had his head hung low. I guessed that it was an important topic to discuss.

"What do you want to ask?"

"Are you cheating on me?" It was the first time that I heard him speak this whole night and what he spoke was really unexpected.

He asked me, kept looking into my eyes and I bet he found nothing but pain in them. My eyes went wide as soon as he asked me this question. It was a pin drop silence and I guess the loud music didn't really help me to keep my thoughts away from my mind and eventually my heart. It was then when I realized that a small drop of tear rolled down from my eyes. I was hurt. I don't know why he asked me but I already knew that I was about to break down, just like my heart.