Chapter 3

14 February, last year on the same day, Aarush proposed to me. It's been three days since our breakup. It was hard to even get up from the bed and go out of the room but I have to do it because I don't want my parents to worry about me unnecessarily. They already knew about my relationship with Aarush and they were happy when I told him to come to my house to meet my parents. He happily agreed to it and was confident enough to meet them. I was so happy when they told me that they accept our relationship but they still know how strict I am when the question is about my ethics.

I got up from my bed, took a cold bath, changed into my formal clothes as I finally decided to go to work after a night breakdown and a day off from work which I took to at least try to forget that breakdown which didn't help as I kept remembering him and kept crying all day long. I made my way towards the dining area. There I saw my father cleaning utensils and my mother cleaning the table. It seemed that they already had their breakfast. I entered the kitchen and gave my mother a tight back hug.

She just stopped what she was doing and allowed me to do whatever I wished for. I released the hug and she turned around to look at me. My father was watching us from a distance. I glanced at him from then the corner of my eye and then again settled my eyes on my mother. It was quiet for a while until my mother spoke.

"You can tell us whenever you feel comfortable. We won't force you honey." She said as I just hummed.

"Just see through it that it won't affect your health."

"Your mother is right. You haven't eaten anything since yesterday. We were so worried. I was about to come to you but your mother stopped me saying you need some time, I agreed to her."

"Sorry for making both of you worried."

"It's okay; just don't skip food because we know how much you love to eat." My mother said to light up the gloomy atmosphere.

"I want to tell you something." I said.

"Are you sure? We can wait."

"Yes I am sure. I want to tell you."

"Okay but at first have something and maybe then you can tell us." My father said.

I had my breakfast, my mother cleaned the table and now we were sitting in our living room, me on the single sofa and my mother and father on the long couch.

I told them everything. From how it started till how it all ended. They both were shocked at first but then they said that;

"It's okay. Everything is okay. We respect your decision." My father said to me with a smile.

"Just remember, we are you with. We will stay by your side in each and every situation."

"Thank you. Thank you so much." I said and gave them a tight hug. I left for work.

I was in the cab when my phone's ring buzzed. It was an unknown number. I picked up the call and was startled to hear someone crying on the other line.

"Hello." I said.

"Hello." I heard a cracked voice of a woman.

"Sorry but can I know to whom I am speaking with?" I tried to sound as calm as possible.

"Ishani, Please visit The Health Hospital. I am Aarush's mother. He is not in a good state and he keeps asking for you. Can you please visit? Please?"

"What? What happened? Is everything alright? Is Aarush alright?" I asked and told the driver to change the route to The Health Hospital.

"Please just come here. I will tell you everything."