Chapter 1: back to school

1 September 2004, Mullingar (Ireland), 7.00 am

Clemence POV

"TUTU TUTU TUTU TUTU".

The return of the alarm clock pff. I turn it off and get up to go to lunch. When I arrive in the kitchen I see my parents already drinking their coffee and my little brother taking (or spilling milk because of all the milk on his bib) his bottle. I sit down and toast my toast.

"-Hi Clem, did you sleep well? my mummy asked me.

- The alarm clock went off a bit early but he's fine. I've got to get you to sign my registration paper for college!

- Wow, it's weird to hear you talking about college, my daughter is growing up...

- Oh la la, I'm not 3 years old anymore mum ! Anyway, check the information I've written to be sure, sign it and give it back to me please.

- You're going to scare away your future classmates with your mood, my father added with a laugh.

- So let's take a look at this, Clémence Murphy, born on 13 September 1993 at Midland Regional Hospital in Mullingar, enters the 7th grade at Coláiste Mhuire Secondary School in Mullingar. It's great my darling, you just forgot to paste your photo! says my mother, while carefully avoiding my father's intervention: she knows that it would have put me in a bad mood.

- Oh boy, you're right, I'll print one out and I'll be right back. »

My photo is printed, you can see my short brown hair appearing then my face with my brown eyes and my very fine mouth. I pick up my paper, paste the photo, take my lunch box, kiss my parents and Nolan, who by the way is still drinking his bottle, and catch my bus at the last minute. I'll have to adjust my wake-up time the next few times. I'm so proud to be the first one to get into one of those yellow buses that I used to see pass by my house every morning. My primary school was a 5 minute walk away, so I never had the chance to catch one.

I arrived in front of the secondary school at 7.51am and joined my best friends, we've known each other since kindergarten! A little brunette is waving at me, no doubt about it, that's Lucy! I get closer, she has changed a lot since last year but I recognise her by her green eyes and her many freckles. A person is standing next to her with a smile on her face, Erin. Physically, she is a beautiful girl with red hair and blue eyes. Their character hasn't changed a bit, Lucy still talks as much, especially in jokes, and Erin is still as energetic as ever. Since July she has been dating Tom, I may have liked him a lot in primary school, but now I have learned to repress my feelings. I do it because, from now on, I'm in middle school, we're no longer in primary school, we have to learn to be mature. Erin coached me well on that this summer, she told me it was good for our popularity. Plus, Erin's advice is always good so we might as well follow it. As for me, I would say that I am the shyest of the group, a bit the one that is forgotten in the face of the strong personalities of my two friends, but I intend to apply the recommendations Erin gave me to finally assert myself and have lots of friends.

8:00 am: DRINGGGGGGG

"-Oh that sounds like a girl! exclaimed Lucy.

- Go all the 6th graders under the courtyard and the others to the classes that were sent to you by email yesterday," said a supervisor a little further away.

- Wow, where's the playground? I asked.

- So there, no idea. It's off to a good start! laughed Erin.

- Hi girls, follow me, it's that way! said a voice behind me, making me startle at the same time. »

A little brunette with blue eyes was laughing, I can feel him laughing at me! I feel an elbow tapping the side of my rib cage, I didn't even have to turn around to know it was Lucy. I did it anyway, and fell born with a look that I knew very well, I think it meant everything: my friend really appreciated the physique of the unknown.

"-Sorry, I didn't mean to frighten you, the boy continued, laughing, addressing me.

- But who are you young man to make fun of our best friend in this way," Lucy replied, taking a haughty voice to make our interlocutor laugh.

- Oh sorry my highness, I'm Niall, Niall Horan, I'm in 6th grade. And seeing as you look lost I would say that you are lost too," he laughed and continued on the verge of tears.

- Nice to meet you, said Lucy, she takes the lead, I feel she has an idea in the back of her mind. This is Erin on my right and Clemence on the other side and I'm just a humble young woman named Lucy.

- Yes, we just got here, but how do you know where we're supposed to go if you're new too? asked Erin.

- My brother was already here a few years ago, I came to his graduation last June. Anyway, let's go unless you want to start drying from day one, he concluded with a mischievous look. »

I don't know who we ran into, but I have a feeling we're going to get along very well.

---------------------------------

Hi ! I hope you enjoy this first chapter :) That's not the best part but i promise u the next chapterds are better !