Chapter 4: THE party

14 September 2004, Mullingar (Ireland)

POS Clem

"Wow, you're beautiful, my darling," my mother says to me when she sees me.

I walk down the stairs in my brand new dress, I must admit I love it. I went to buy it with Erin and Lucy this afternoon. We made up after I posted a picture on Instagram with a text. It was Erin who advised me, she told me that it was cool to apologize on the networks. She was right because right afterwards I saw that Lucy had commented :

@lucythebestof76: "Thank you darling I forgive you even if you did me a lot of harm by telling me that between ***** and me there was nothing. But we're in college and I'm very mature so I'm moving on."

She makes boxes of them but if we talk again this is the most important one and Niall also commented:

@niallmusic: "Very brave of you to clemencesing! Can't wait to see you guys talk again at tomorrow's great party! "

It's already less "cucu", anyway, never mind. I'm refocusing on my new blue outfit with sequins. In addition, on the top part there is a fluorescent heart so at night I'll be seen! I think Tom also has a top like this but with a star, we're going to look too good! The rest of Saturday passed very quickly, I prepared the cakes and the room with Niall. We put a lot of decorations on the theme of music: cardboard plates with pianos, cups with musical notes... When I got home, I put on my make-up and my dress. It's almost 7pm so we take the car with my mum. When I arrive, Niall is already there. He is waiting for me in front with a black suit and a tie:

"-Niall! How have you been doing since two o'clock? I asked him ironically.

- Always so good, he laughed, I'll never get tired of his laugh.

- You've confused our anniversary with a funeral, how's it going? I asked him with a mocking smile.

- Well, that's OK, I didn't know what else to wear.

- Don't worry, you're bg, I replied with a wink, I really need to practise looking natural when I'm with him.

- You make me laugh too much with your winks he added laughing.

- Well, Niall, do you have the time? We should start setting up all the food.

- Time to buy you a watch, I guess he's fed up with me asking him the same question every hour.

- Very funny, I replied with a forced smile.

- It's 7:06 sharp and I told Tom to come early to help us, he should be here soon.

- Hi everyone! Shall we go in? Niall told me about your great decoration, I want to see it now, shouted a voice behind us.

- Let's go in. I'm going to put my jacket down at the entrance, it's hot in the room. "

The boys follow me and we take out the coat racks for the guests. Then we enter the room and Tom looks amazed. It's true that we did a good job with Niall. It looks great when you walk in, it's impressive. In the meantime, Niall's parents have installed the musical instruments and the speakers. We've planned with the guys and other friends from the music option to do a mini concert! It's a bit stressful but I'm really looking forward to it, I love to sing! We're going to do Just Lose It by Eminem, Tom is going to do the rap part: it's too complicated for me. We're going to install the cakes, sweets, chips, drinks ...

It goes really well, everybody dances and has fun. I ask Niall what time it is. He answers me at almost 8 pm. It will soon be time to go on stage, the stress is mounting. We join the rest of the group, we chek each other and we go. Niall and I go up on stage last, hand in hand, I feel my pressure slowly coming down. He looks at me and I plunge my gaze into his, the applause cuts off this magical moment. It will surely remain engraved in my memory. My favourite Irishman and his guitar are next to me, I can hear him starting his G chord. Erin's boyfriend takes my hand to reassure me. I start singing and everything becomes magical. Tom's turn comes, he's got a great part and we go on to the next part on our canon. Niall makes a few wrong notes and I laugh inside. At the end, everyone applauds us, I am proud of us. We stick together and bow. I feel a hand patting me on the back, I turn to my right and see the reassuring smile of the future blond, Niall told me this afternoon that he wanted to bleach his hair. We go back downstairs and he launches his playlist. We are all in full swing. After a while, a soft music starts. It sounds the hour of the slow dance. I turn around and see Niall walking in my direction, I start getting closer. I have to dare, the first time I feel confident for such an important act. He looks at me, I look at him... and Lucy looks at him. She gets in the metre that separated me from Niall.The big joke. Niall looks a bit disappointed (maybe I'm imagining what I'd like to see since it's a bit dark).