8

Somehow Billy and I made it on time into our class while half of the students got picked to sit on the floor. Ms Deluca separated Billy from me when she instructed me to join the other students on the floor. Billy gave me a wry smile and sat on the side of the room behind Marcus who exchanged looks with him. I sighed since I got separated from my lil bean and proceeded to sit at the empty space behind Saya on the floor, in the heel sitting position.

There was a tap on my shoulder as soon as I sat in position. I turned my head around to see who it was and it was the devil himself, Klaus. He smiled at me as if our conversation earlier didn't happen at all. I just furrowed my eyebrows and whipped my head around, not bothering his presence.

Ms.DeLuca then began the class when everyone was in position and she paced in front of us with her hands behind her back.

"When the Republic of Texas
openly declared genocide, which Indian tribe survived for another 40 years?" She asked

"They all got done in the end." Willie joked, thinking it was funny as he looked at the other students, waiting for laughters but it was dead silent.

He looked in front at Ms.DeLuca's strict face when she stopped and stare at him. Quickly, he cleared his throat and kept quite, obviously scared of her.

"Sorry Ms.DeLuca." He apologised.

"The fierce Comanche survived due only to strength and cunning." She continued with her lecture, eyes still on Willie. "Remember, hand-wringing
liberal ideals won't keep you safe. The world respects those who can protect themselves." She said as she paced the other direction.

"Every opponent has a weakness. Pick a partner.
Find theirs." She said and walked over to the corner of the class to monitor us.

I looked over at the bench, thinking who should I choose. I felt awkward to just fight with anybody and definitely I didn't want to pick Billy since I didn't want to hurt him. I looked over at Marcus but I noticed Maria was already eyeing him, which was weird to me.

We all stood up and before I could go over to the bench and ask Marcus, Maria already made her move.

"Ah no, no, I'm good." Said Marcus but Maria grabbed his wrist and pulled him.

"Come on." She said with a grin.

They passed by me, Maria sending me a smirk while Marcus exchanged glances at me. I looked away and decided to approach Billy but Viktor dragged him away instead.

Well fuck. He's definitely screwed.

"So want to be partners?" I heard a cheeky familiar voice behind me and I already knew it was Klaus.

I turned around and crossed my arms. "I rather die."

"Don't worry, I still love dead corpse." He flashed a smile which made me want to puke from his answer. "Besides everyone's taken and we're left, so what do you say?"

I looked around to find any other people to be partners with but unfortunately, he was right.

"Fine." I grunted and he grabbed my wrist gently, guiding me to the platform.

As I tied my hair to a bun so that my hair wouldn't get in the way of sparring, I heard a loud thud on the platform. I turned my head to the direction of the sound and saw Viktor body slammed Billy onto the platform. He was now on top of Billy, holding him down with one hand while the other is up in a fist, ready to punch the shit out of him.

"Dude, I know you got me in this leg shear, but your boner's digging into my chest cavity." Billy joked with a huge smile but Viktor's other hand was now on his neck, angrily trying to choke him with his wrist. "I get it, soft and warm. I use lotion."