(A/n- I know this is pretty bad, but I like the characters a lot. The covers crappy, I'll make a new one smoother time. I'm not British, either, so excuse my American language. Thanks for opening this ;))

"CASS!" My mum's voice shouts, making me jump and poke myself in the thumb with a needle. I curse myself, before calling "YES?" "YOU HAVE MAIL!" Who could be sending me mail at the end of July? "YEAH I'LL BE DOWN IN A MINUTE!" I finish sewing the hole in my pants, before barreling down the stairs. Mum points to a handsomely sealed envelope in the middle of the counter. "Hm" I sigh as I read the title.

Cassandra Maeve Othanos

955 Jericho, England

The Bedroom at the end of the hall

Had to be from someone I know- particularly someone I know well. My best friend Brooklyn, probably, trying to be humorous. I can't contain my gasp of surprise, though, when I read the contents.

HOGWARTS SCHOOL

Of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY

Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore

(Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock

Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. Of Wizards)

Dear Ms. Othanos

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment. Term begins on September 1. We await your owl by no later than July 31.

Yours sincerely,

Minerva Mcgonall

Minerva Mcgonall,

Deputy Headmistress

"Mum, did you get into a quarrel, perhaps with someone funny?" I ask her. She usually is the easiest person to get along with, but she's seems stressed lately. And, I am sure I am on good terms with everyone who has my address and middle name. I don't think any of them would try to get me so excited, then let down. Hmph. 

"When do I ever quarrel? Why, though?" I pass the fine parchment to her, and I see her face crinkle up, confusion clouding her eyes. "Sit down." She demands. I do, confusion clouding my brain when she gives me a stern look. Mums not a stern person. "It's real. You're a witch. Like Charlie. It runs in your dad's family, but I wasn't expecting this at all. It usually skips 2-6 generations before another one comes along." I stare at her in complete disbelief, before coming to my senses and giving her an are-you-serious look. She doesn't laugh and tell me she's joking, but says "I'll show you. Well, your aunt will." My uncle Charlie and aunt Izzy are my dad's older siblings. Well, Charlie was. He died of brain cancer last December. 

I decide to challenge her. "Fine. Show me." 

She pauses. "Call Izzy." 

I get up to go to ten phones, and dial her number. "

Hello?" Good, it's her.

"Hi"

 "Oh hi Cass. What's up?"

 I don't pause before saying "Has my mum got you into her Witch heist?" She however, pauses. 

"Have you been accepted?" Um what? 

"Into er- Hogwarts?" 

"meet you at the bookstore in 30 minutes?" 

"Uh yes please?"

I hang up the phone, and waddle up to my bedroom, only to find Crimson, my 9 year old sister, and her best friend, Ava, playing with dolls. I ignore them and get ready. I know this is a trick, but I can't help hoping it's real. I scold myself before stuffing a wad of my hard-earned money into a handbag, and setting off. I get on my bike and head to the bookstore. My too-skinny, long legs keep moving, my collar bone length brown, straggly hair pulled into a low ponytail behind my head. I can't wait to see what's happening!