Chapter 8 You Deserve to know the Truth

I finally got round to getting changed into clean clothes.  I still can’t believe that Brad has seen me in ways I wouldn’t even want my close friends seeing me like.  Our relationship has defiantly grown in the last 5 minutes.  Paul stepped over the line this time, he usually hits me which I have gotten used to but trying to hurt my friend is taking it too far.  I think I’m going to move back to Birmingham with my dad.  I have considered in multiple times before but I always feel bad, having to leave my mum but she never seems to do anything about Paul hitting me so I guess this is the right time.  I don’t want to leave Tristan at all but I don’t think I can handle Paul anymore.  I have lots of friends in Birmingham who I still talk to so it’s not as if I will have to make new friends.

I grabbed my make-up bag and toothbrush and left the bathroom to see that Brad was looking at the same picture as he was before.  He definitely thinks I have a boyfriend now, why am I so stupid keeping that picture when I have a boy in my room that I really like? 

“I think I’m going to stay at Tristan’s again tonight in case anything happens” I said immediately making Brad put the picture down.

“Yeah that’s a good idea” he said looking a bit sad.  “Juliet can we talk?”

“Sure” I said knowing that he was going to ask about the picture.  He went and sat on the bed so I sat next to him.

“Look I know it’s none of my business” he began and I knew it was going to be about the picture so I started planning what my reply was.  “When you’re stepdad hit you today” okay that was unexpected.  “Was that just a one-time thing or does he do that a lot?”

I was not expecting him to ask that.  I haven’t known Brad long but I felt like I could trust him with my life after today.  The only people that know are Tristan and my best friends Beth and Susana and I don’t know if it is the right time to tell Brad yet. 

“Erm…” I hesitated.

“Julie you can trust me I just don’t want you to get hurt” Brad said reassuringly.

“Okay but please don’t tell anyone” I said deciding to tell him because he deserves to know the truth.

“I promise” Brad said holding out his pinky for me to connect with mine which I did.

“Right so basically I used to live in Birmingham with my mum and dad but they split up and my mum got a new boyfriend (Paul)” I began.  “They ended up getting married and my mum gained custody of me which I was really pissed about because I hated Paul.  I never talked to him and always ignored him and one day he took me into a room and told me that if I didn’t act like he’s my dad then he would hit me which he showed there and then.  I would never consider him as my dad and I don’t act it so when we moved here I was under his roof and he began abusing me” I said remembering all the times Paul has hurt me and getting a bit upset.

“Does your mum know?” he asked.

“Yeah but she doesn’t do anything about it” I could feel the tears start to fill up in my eyes and Brad obviously noticed.

“Hey its okay we can sort this out eventually” he said lifting my head up with his thumb and rubbing the tears that had now fallen away.

“Thank you Bradley you are the nicest person I have ever met” I said pulling him into a hug. 

“You too Julie but do you mean looks wise or personality?” he asked pulling out the hug.

“Can I say both?” I said standing up and looking down at him.

“Yes, can I?” he replied standing up.

“Erm…” I hesitated.  “No” I said before going over to my closet and picking out a couple of outfits.  Brad started looking at the picture again, running his finger around the outline of me.  I couldn’t tell what he was thinking.  Why did he keep looking at the picture?

“Juliet” Brad said.

“Yeah” I asked.

“Why did you say that I couldn’t say that you were both a nice person and nice looking?”

“Because I’m clearly not nice looking” I laughed.

“You must be fucking blind” Brad almost shouted.

“Erm…” I said and began to feel the burning in my cheeks get hotter so I looked at the ground to hide my embarrassment. 

He walked over to me and lifted my chin up with his thumb, my face still burning hot, and looked into my eyes.  “You must definitely need an eye test if you don’t think you’re beautiful”

“Brad stop you’re making it worse” I said feeling my cheeks getting hotter, to the extent I thought my face was going to go up in flames.  This made Brad’s smirk turn into a huge smile.

“You are adorable when you’re embarrassed” he said bringing me slightly closer to him…

-------------------------------------------

Ohhh.... suspense.  Hope you liked this chapter (I personally like the media for this one).  This will be the last upload of today bc I feel like I'm not far enough into writing it to post like 4 chapters a day.  I think I'm going to start posting at a certain time every day.  Please comment what 2 times that suit you.  I was thinking like 4pm and 6.30pm on weekdays and 2pm and 5pm on weekends?