Chapter One

It was just a regular day in Vegas, at least that's what Felicity thought. Little did she know that things were going to change for the better and the worst. Mostly for worst, some might add.
     "Lis, hurry up you don't want to be late do you?" Chris shouted to make sure Felicity could hear him because she was still taking a shower.
     "I'm coming!" Felicity responded as she turned the shower off. Felicity then headed into the kitchen after she got ready "Where's Ella?" Felicity asked noticing that she hasn't seen her daughter since before her shower.
     "The nanny picked her up to bring her to school while you were in the shower," Chris answered and then grabbed his keys "Your smoothie is on the counter and we're gonna be late for work," he said in a calm tone.

~at work~

     Felicity hopped out of the car noticing the time "Bye Chris, love you"

     "Bye Lis, love you and I'll pick you up at 4:00," Chris said quickly trying to get it all out so she can hear him but she was gone by the time he finished.
-------------------------------------------------
     "Sorry I'm late," Felicity said to her boss, who happened to be her best friend.

     "Fel your an hour early." Her boss said with a smile on her face.

     "Ughh, I need to get my watch fixed..oh well what can I do to help boss" Felicity complained and smiled at the last part.

     "I told you not to call me boss you can call me by my real name," Felicity's boss said

     "I know but it shows favoritism and that's not fair to the other colleagues is it now. Anyways how's it going with you and Brandon?" Felicity asked

     "Hey, Kylie" "What are you doing here Felicity?" Brandon asked because she doesn't have to be there yet.

     Felicity reaches over and whispers into Kylie's ear "speak of the devil" Kylie couldn't help but laugh at Felicity's comment "Is that any way to greet your friend?" Felicity said smiling. Then she got a notification on her phone from Chris saying "That they have to go, they've been located." Felicity's smile faded right away "I have to go, sorry," said Felicity in a worried tone and she rushed off.

     "What was that about?" Brandon asked confused.

     "I don't know but it's was probably Chris texting her and it seemed important" Kylie replied in a worried tone.

     "We should go check up on her after work," Brandon said gathering his thoughts.

~outside~

     Felicity walked out of work immediately in a rush and started looking for Chris.