Chapter 18: Answers

"Hey, what's going on your mind?" A question and a nudge by the shoulder woke Xion from the trance he was in. The monarch blinked his eyes, regretting about how long he has stared at the bright sky.

Xion looked to his right and saw his friend, Paethon, the son of the sun god.

"I was just wondering how amazing it would be to be so up high." Xion said. "Like literally."

Paethon nodded and sat beside Xion. "Well, according to my father who drove the sun chariot, the view from above is truly breathtaking. You could see everything. It was beautiful."

"Really?" Xion's face lit up with a smile as excitement and curiosity filled him. "Have you tried driving the chariot?"

Paethon scratched the back of his head. "Sadly, my father wouldn't let me."

"But why?"

"He said I'm not too ready for it."

"I think you are more capable of doing so, Paethon. You're strong, smart, you're basically perfect." Xion looked at him, smiling at how his friend also smiled.

"Everyone says that but my father doesn't. I don't think I'm good enough for him yet. But I'll prove it to him soon." Paethon had a look of determination which is admired by the monarch.

"Until then, I can drive the sun chariot and tell you myself how beautiful the world is. And maybe, if I improve, I could let you fly with me! What do you say?"

The excitement on Xion's face was truly evident. They both giggled like cute little boys.

Paethon laid his head on Xion's shoulder as they stare at the vast view before them. "For real, Xion. A promise is a promise, okay? That we'll fly together even if my father doesn't let us. You have to come with me."

Xion smiled. He knew his friend didn't only mean to literally fly, but also to run away. "Yes, I promise you."

°°°°°

"Xion, wake up." Hwanwoong slightly shook the blonde monarch awake. "Hey, we have arrived."

Xion's eyes fluttered open, his eyes looking straight at the tinted window of their car. He saw people in dresses and formal attires going inside the building. "Oh, we're here."

"I just told you." Hwanwoong replied and got off the car.

"I can't believe we're finally experiencing a party like rich people." Keonhee grinned.

"We are rich, Keonhee." Seoho said as they entered the building.

"I mean, look at how fancy the place is. Look at the people. It's like we're part of them."

"You guys must be excited." Yoorim said from behind. She wore an off shoulder rose gold dress that stopped to her knees. She held a plate with cupcakes.

"Yes, we do." Leedo replied. "You look gorgeous today--I mean, you always are, but today, you're stunning."

Yoorim laughed at the compliment but she shook her head. "No, you are all stunning and vibrant with your red outfits."

"Well, of course--" Ravn's confidence was once again boosted but Elio suddenly appeared out of nowhere.

"Wow, Yoorim! You look so stunning." Elio's lips parted. "Are these the back-up dancers for later--oh, it's the weirdos."