𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚠𝚘: 𝑅𝑒𝑑 𝐷𝑒𝑠𝑒𝑟𝑡.

Z Y L I N A S P O V:

'Earth to shut the fuck up? Really?' I raise an eyebrow still hovering over him.

I made sure not to plant my whole body directly on his because knowing him, he'd make it awkward and he'd tease me about it nonstop and we don't need that happening.

'Are you gonna get off of me now?' He says with a cheeky grin. 'I mean, you can stay as you are and we'll see if I'll let you hit second base.' His grin now turning into a smirk.

Oh how bad I wanted to punch that pretty face of his.

I roll my eyes at his remark and shake my head. 'Are you gonna continue looking into my eyes or can I get off?' I strike back, smiling down at him.

His eyes widen and he quickly picks me up off of him. He gets up off from the ground, smoothed his hair back and adjusted his clothing.

He didn't say anything back. He didn't fire his shots, nothing at all.

'Lukester, I was just joking.' I finally speak up, breaking out the silence.

He always loved when I called him that, so I did hoping that it would lighten the mood. Maybe the mood wasn't even ruined but it doesn't hurt to at least try and make sure.

He shakes his head and puts his hand out for me to grab. With my hand now in his, he pulls me up off from the ground. 'No, I know.' He laughs lightly and let's go of my hand. 'I'm just tired, that's all.' He shrugs with a small smile appearing across his face.

I was confused as to what had happened but I shrug it off not wanting to make it a big deal. We had our moments like this but we both had always ignored it and let it be. We didn't like getting into the heat of the moment, it just wasn't worth it, you know?

'Oh okay, for sure.' I nod, understanding. 'I'm pretty drained as well, so I'll leave you be.' Smiling softly at him, I give his shoulder a gentle nudge.

He chuckled and nudged mine back. 'Goodnight, zy, love you.' He grinned and made his way straight to his room.

I guess the mood wasn't ruined. He was just tired and there's no doubt in that, we did have a long day out.

L U K E S P O V:

'Oh okay, for sure.' She nodded. 'I'm pretty drained as well, so I'll leave you be.' She smiled then gave my shoulder a gentle nudge.

I'm really hoping I didn't just make this awkward for us. Did I ruin the mood? I did, didn't I. I need to lighten it back up and I need to do it quick. She's a sensitive girl and she'll think nothing but the worst. She'll even blame herself sometimes and we don't need that.

'Goodnight, zy, love you.' I grin at her and make my way to my room. Closing the door shut, I let out a low groan and shake my head in disappointment at myself.

I change out of my black skinny jeans and t-shirt and throw on some sweatpants. My room gets pretty hot at night, even with the air conditioning on, so I don't really sleep with a shirt on.

I then turn the light off and get into bed, throwing the blanket over myself. I look up at the dark ceiling and sigh. What the fuck was I even thinking?? I have not once thought about her eyes like that. I've never even acknowledged them before, I mean, I have but definitely not like that.

I know for a fact that she didn't actually catch me staring into her eyes and that she was just genuinely joking around, because if she had, then she would've gotten all weird with me.

I guess it's just the fact that I had caught myself in that moment.

There's nothing wrong with admiring a friends pair of eyes, right? I mean, it's not like I thought about kissing her or anything. I don't even like her like that, I'm just overthinking this. It's late and I'm exhausted. That's it.