Chapter 10

It had been about four months since Iggy and Jenn met.

He smiled to himself as he lay out on his bed, thinking of her while listening to the CD she had given him. He was on his stomach with his wings stretched out and his head laying on his arms. Having retractable wings meant it was very painful for him to lay out on his back.

His phone rang and he reached out to the land line beside his bed.

"Hello?" He answered, smiling.

"I-Iggy...?" a soft voice choked out.

His smile fell and he immediately sat up. "Jenn?"

She sounded like she was crying.

"I-I-Iggy... Can I come over? Please? I won't be long. I don't mind if I can't, I just- I need to- I just- I need someone to-"

"Of course you can," he said, cutting off her stuttering before it became rambling.

"O-okay. I-I'll be over in about t-ten."

"Okay," he nodded, even though she couldn't see him. "Please be safe," he quietly added right before she hung up.

About 15 agonizing and rainy minutes later, there was a tiny knock on his door. He rushed to the door and swung it open.

"Hi, Iggy," Jenn sniffled, dripping wet. "Can I- Can I have a hug?"

He opened his arms and she flew into them, wrapping her own around his torso. She absorbed his warmth as he rested his head on top of hers. She was about Max's height and she fit perfectly into Iggy's form. He breathed in her scent, feeling her heartbeat and her ragged breathing.

Reluctantly she pulled away. "Sorry I'm wet. I didn't know it was going to rain..."

"It's fine," he said, plopping a hand on her head to comfort her. "Let me get you something dry to wear." She looked up at him and he closed the door behind her. He walked over to his dresser and pulled out some sweat pants and a t-shirt. He sensed her kicking off her shoes and peeling off her drenched clothes.

"You swear you're blind, right?" She joked.

"As a bat," he said, chuckling and tossing her the clothes.

"Iggy?" she said as she pulled on the t-shirt. "I know we're not dating but will you do me a favor?"

"What is it?" He asked, taking off his hoodie and handing it to her. He then proceeded to collect her wet clothes and carry them to the sink so they didn't soak the floor.

"Will you lie down with me?"

Iggy froze; his eyes wide. "Y-you mean cuddle?"

"Yeah..." she said softly. Her voice was so quiet that if he didn't have super hearing, he probably wouldn't have heard her.

"Sure," he said, hugging her again. He hoped she couldn't feel his heart racing.

He turned and led her to his mattress on the floor, her small hand in his long, pale one. He sort of helped her down onto the bed and walked over to the other side, sitting down as she swung her feet onto the bed.

"Sorry it's not much," he said about the bed with his back to her.

She laughed softly and replied, "It's fine Iggy." She placed her hand on his shoulder and added, "I like it."

He sighed in relief. This was the first time he had anyone in his bed and even though they weren't going to do anything, he was still anxious.

"Do you want to use the blanket?" he asked her, still facing the opposite way.

She rubbed her thumb across is shoulder, soothingly, "We don't have to do this, Iggy."

He turned around quicker than he would have liked to, making her jump. "It's not that I don't want to... I'm just..."

"Nervous?" He nodded. "Me too..."

He turned all the way around and faced her, lying down on his side. He wrapped one arm around her shoulder, drawing her close as he pulled the covers over them. She wrapped her arms around his torso once again and breathed in deeply.

"This might sound weird..." she said softly into his shoulder. "But I love the way you smell. It comforts me. It makes me feel at home."

"That's not weird at all," he said, smiling to himself.

And here he had been worrying so much about so much, but it turns out she likes him.

For a while all that could be heard was their breathing and the rain on the window. Iggy essentially thought she had fallen asleep until she spoke his name.