Why?

I had just left the shop in te dead of the night. I was heading down the street when I heard someone sobbing. I looked around, but I couldn't figure out where the sound was coming from. I was a bout to give up when I spotted her under the flickering light of a street lamp. Her face buried in her knees as she sat on the cold pavement alone.

"Hello?" I asked hesitantly.

Her eyes darted up me and her soft voice followed, "Oh um hi."

"Are you okay," I asked.

She rubbed the tears away, "Uh yeah."

I sighed, I could tell she was lying. "C'mon love be honest."

"Fine," she said as she rolled her beautiful eyes, "everything is awful."

"Do you want to talk about it," I asked.

"Of course not," she said, "you can go now." I sat next to her.

"You know I can't do that," I said putting my arm around her.

"Thanks," she said with a weak smile.

"Thanks for what," I asked raising an eyebrow.

Her head fell onto my chest, "for not giving up on me."

I smirked, "I could never leave you, you mean too much too me."

Her eyes met mine as she lifted her head, "Why can't you, everyone else does it with ease." My smirk fades away as she spoke.

"I can't because I'm not everyone else. I care about to much to let you go," I said.

"I don't want to hurt you," she said as the tears rolled down her cheeks.

"You won't," I said as I wrapped my arms around her, "I promise."

She returned my embrace and said, "I love you too." She pressed her lips against my cheek, "Thank you."

Her eyes shined as she gazed into mine. I pulled her toward me and hugged her tightly, "I will always be here for you."

"I will always love you Alex, that's a promise," She said with a dazzling smile that was followed by a kiss. Not a peck, a kiss.