Chp 1

As I get on the bus to get home I start to feel chilly. It was 75 degrees outside, I knew there was something wrong. Then I felt dizzy. I collapsed.

When I woke up I was at the front of the bus and nearly at my stop. I got off, I felt so nauseous I started walking toward my house and then it hit me, I belched a huge burp and then barfed all over my shoes. I felt so horrible and I couldn't walk. I sat on the side of the street, waiting to feel well enough to walk to my house. About 30 minutes later I slowly made my way back to my house.

When I walked in I took a Tylenol and an aspirin. I checked my fever and I was up at 102.3, I went up to my room and brought a Gatorade with me and fell in my bed. I was so tired, I fell asleep.

When I woke up it was 8:00 in the morning. I looked on to my bed stand and saw that it was 8:00. I tried to get out of bed to get ready for school, but my body wouldn't budge. My mom came up and told me that I was asleep when she and my dad got home and let me sleep. She said that they took my temperature and that I was sick. I felt so shitty and I was relieved that I was able to stay home and relax. I reached for my phone and started to text Jennifer my best friend. She always carried her phone with her in class.

Jen told me that Erik was sick and wasn't at school today either. Erik Sampson has been my crush since 4th grade. He had taken me to a dance two years ago in 6th grade, and just my luck, I spilled spaghetti all over my shirt. I was so embarrassed and so was he. I left sobbing and he went home. It was probably the most embarrassing moment ever in my life.

My dad knocked on my door to check on me and see how I was doing. He came in and told me that he and mom had to leave for work and that they would be home at 5:00. I said good bye and fell back to sleep since I was still very tired.