Episode 24

Yoongi and I took off our jackets in the hallway when I suddenly heard some noise at the second floor.

- "What's that?" Yoongi asked, looking up at the direction to the stairs.

I inhaled and held my breath as I slowly walked to the stairs, Yoongi following me from behind as he was holding my hand tightly. Suddenly a woman appeared in front of me. She was wearing a coat and she was holding a luggage in her hand.

-"Jihye?"

I looked at her confused as she just passed by. Yoongi frowned his eyebrows as he watched every move from her. Feeling suspisious.

-"Where are you going?"

I said, following her from behind while reaching out for her arm.

-"Stop!" I grabbed her arm tightly and finally she faced me. Her eyes was dark and her face showed no emotions. She just simply removed my arm with her fingers as she exhaled.

-"Y/N. You're going to live alone. I'm moving. I can't take care of you, not anymore. I'm not a good stepmother and you deserve someone else. I get drunk and I get angry every day. So it's the best for everyone that I leave."

My eyes widened and my hands started shaking. I felt my tears getting watery and I couldn't breath. I've always dreamed about Jihye disappearing from my life, but now when it's actually happening, I don't feel ready. The fact that my mom left me once is haunting me, I can't deal with another parent leaving me. I don't care if it's the best mom ever or if it's Jihye. I need a mother in my life.

-"What!? No! Don't leave!! Jihye, I can't live alone! I can't-"

Jihye reached out for my hands and held them. This was the first time I felt that she was being gentle to me. I calmed down a little bit. I thought of my own mom. How she used to hug me everyday. How she smiled at me when I came down the stairs. How proud she was of me when I did something good. The way she said I love you everyday.
I let my tears fall down.

-"Goodbye Y/N."

Suddenly she turned around and started walking down the street. I watched her moves with teary eyes and a blurry sight. She stopped in front of a taxi and opened the door. The car started driving. Suddenly, she was gone forever.

I fell down to my knees and cried out loud. Immediately I felt Yoongi coming from behind and backhugged me. He buried his face in my neck and whispered into my ear.

-"Shh.. Don't worry. I'm here.. I won't leave you."

His words just made me cry even more but I felt a warm presence, and at the same time I felt like someone still cared for me. I knew that Yoongi told me the truth. I turned around and cried into his chest.

-"Y-Yoongi, I'm all alone now.. What am I supposted to d-do??" I sobbed hard.

He caressed my hair. We stayed in that position for a while before he spoke.

- "I can live with you if you want to."