Broken Barriers

(A/N) Apologies, this chapter is heavily ripped from the game itself.

"I always was a crybaby, wasn't I, Chara?"
Asriel says, teary eyed. He continues, trying to hold back tears.
"I'm sorry, I know you're not Chara. Chara's been gone for a long time..."
Chara, deep in Frisk's soul, feels like she got punched in the gut.
"Not for long" she thinks.

Asriel turns his head to the side.
Um, actually, what IS your name?
"My name is Frisk." he replies.
"That's... A nice name" Asriel and Frisk chuckle at his awkward response.

"I haven't felt like this for a long time. As a flower, I was souless, I lacked the power to love other people." Asriel says. "Sounds about right" Frisk thinks to himself.
Frisk... I-I understand if you can't forgive me. I understand if you hate me.  I hurt so many people, I even tried to kill you, SEVERAL TIMES... I acted so strange and horrible. I've even killed my own dad.
You remember that, don't you?"

Frisk nods.
"There's no way you can forgive me"
Asriel replies, starting to break down in tears.

Frisk contemplates. He then replies.
"It doesn't matter, you didn't even have a soul, what else were you supposed to do?" Frisk replies.
"W-What? Come on, Frisk." Asriel says, laughing. "You're gonna make me cry again."
"Besides, even if you do forgive me, I can't stay like this forever. I have souls to return." Asriel goes on...

"But first, I have a job to do. Right now, I feel everyone's hearts beating as one. They're all burning with the same desire; to escape the underground. With everyone's power, I can break the barrier to finally set everyone free."

Asriel floats into the air, With the 6 human souls and the souls of every monster in the underground, he breaks the barrier.
He descends back to the ground, and turns to Frisk.

"I have to go now" Asriel says solemnly. "Without the souls, I can't maintain this form. I'll eventually turn back into a flower. I'll stop being myself, I'll stop being able to love again. So it's best if you just forget about me ok? Be with the people who love you." Asriel starts to cry again.

Frisk goes to hug Asriel, shocked by this, Asriel freezes, but returns the hug.
"Ha... Ha... I don't want to let go" Asriel chokes on his words.
Frisk backs away to face Asriel.
"Frisk... You're going to do a great job, ok? No matter what you do, everyone will be there for you"
"Well, my times running out, goodbye."
Asriel turns to walk away, but stops, and turns back to face Frisk.
"By the way... Take care of Mom and Dad for me, OK?"
Frisk nods, smiling, and gives Asriel a thumbs up.
Asriel goes to walk away, and Frisk blacks out.
He then wakes up, surrounded by Toriel, Sans, Papyrus, Undyne, Alphys, and Asgore. They talk, and Frisk goes to the ruins one last time. He has his plan, and is going to put it into action.
Chara watches, eager for the end result.

Frisk

Walking all the way through the underground, retracing my steps, was surreal. I'd come so far from when I'd first fallen down.
Walking back through the forest, I encounter the ruins' exit. The door was wide open, makes sense. No monsters was around. It gave me flashbacks to a previous timeline, where my curiosity got the best of me. I walk up to the gate to the flowerbed, where I first fell. I notice Asriel, tending to the flowers.

"You know I can't come back, right?" Asriel says somberly. "I don't want to break their hearts all over again, it's best if you forget about me, OK?"
I smile, and say "I have a plan to bring you back to your normal self." 
Asriel stand there stunned, he begins to speak, but I cut him off. "...And Chara"
Asriel's eyes go wide. He starts tearing up, and replies with just one sentence.
"I really hope you know what you're doing"