Chapter one: The (Unpleasant) Surprise

"Sabrina!" Sebastian called hopping over to her, dripping in soup.
"What happened to you?" Sabrina asked, eying down her boyfriend.
"Gym," he said. "But that's not the point. Apparently, some guy is transferring!"
"Is he hot?" She asked dreamily.
"Why would that matter?"
"Never mind. When's he coming?"
"Like an hour,"
"Can't wait to meet him!" She smiled "SHOOT, I'll BE LATE!" She gasped, shoving books into her backpack at the speed of light. "Talk later!" She called back, hopping away.

"AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH" The bell screamed just barely before she jumped in her seat.
"Hello, class," Mr.Sandpaper greeted in his usual boring tone. "As you know from my uhh..... other lessons, spoons have hated forks ever since they started breathing. Uhhhh.....to change that, the school has taken uhhhh.....action to combat this rivalry. So if everyone will please give a warm welcome to Mr. uh.....Fernando," he said pointing to the door.

As soon as a slender looking fork stepped through the door, he was attacked by anything that was in the range of student's hands.
"DIE, SALAD SCUM!" screamed Samantha, throwing her history book.
"YOU ARE THE SPOON EQUIVALENT OF A FORK! OH WAIT, YOU ARE A FORK!" Seamus screamed, yeeting an ice cream container he had from lunch.
"Settle dooowwwn!" Mr.Sandpaper said in the loudest voice he could muster, which was about as loud as his normal voice. "This is an experience for all of us. I hate him as much as you do probably more," (Fernando looked confused at him) "but we need to get through this togetherrrr. Now please sit down, and pay attention," Fernando took his seat next to Sabrina, the only person that hadn't thrown something, rubbing his arm where a water bottle had hit him. He slid a note over to her, scribbled with a message.
"I know you don't like me, but could you help me with school, since I haven't been here all year?" Fernando's note read. Sabrina looked at him and gave him a fiery glare.
"One condition," she wrote back, still glaring. "No one can know. I still hate you," she added, just to be sure he didn't get any ideas.

After classes, she left to go to Fernando's. She pretended to take the usual route home and then halfway, turned around.
"Thanks. This means a lot," he said, greeting her at the door.
"Whatever. Just show me what you need help with," she said, pushing past him.
"Could...Could I play a little music? It helps me think," he asked.
"You probably have a horrible taste," she spat.
"Just songs by the Rolling Spoons," he insisted.
"Wait. You like the Rolling Spoons?"
"I love them! Though I'm never let into concerts because I'm a fork,"
"No one cares. I support their decision 100%. But, fine," she said, sitting down on the chair.

They sang along while they worked, and Fernando told some jokes (she refused to laugh, but she was dying). Once they'd finished, she headed for the door.
"Hey, Thanks a lot for today. You don't know how much it helped. Can you come over tomorrow?" he asked, walking her to the door.
"FIIIIIIINNNEEEE," she groaned.
"Cool! See you tomorrow then!" he said, closing the door.
She smiled as she turned around to walk home, and was greeted with her worst nightmare.