1

Kellin's POV

School has been in session for a total of ten minutes and I already have a bloody nose and an even more bruised self esteem. 

As soon as I entered the school building the first thing i noticed was it was unusually calm. That was about to change. I guess I just have a way of attracting everything bad. Quickly after I arrived a group of people I recognized all too well rounded the corner. They were called "the cholos", which is actually kind of racist but they were just really bad ass Mexicans and I'm pretty sure they were flattered at the nickname. I suppose you could say that Mike was the leader. He was really tall and he scared the shit out of literally everybody. He was on the basketball team and the only reason he hasn't gotten kicked off the team yet is that even the teachers and coaches are scared of him. Next in line for the throne was Jaime. Jaime was intimidating to say the least. He looked very strong but weirdly friendly at the same time but he was certainly not friendly. Looks really can be deceiving. Next is Tony and to be honest I don't even know how Tony is considered a cholo because he is the quietest person. Ever. He probably says less than I do, but there he was, sandwiched into the group. My personal theory is that him and mike have a thing going on but i would never say that out loud because I prefer not to be murdered. Lastly, was Vic. Vic was Mike's brother and I think that was the only reason he was in the group. Vic was too skinny to be intimidating, and too short to ever be a jock. 

When they turned the corner, I turned too and tried to walk nonchalantly away. Unfortunately, I felt someone grab the back of my collar and pull me into a rough side-hug. 

"Hey Kelly, you weren't trying to run away from us were you?" Mike said as he held me much too tight.

"Of course I was," sometimes, I admit, I bring the pain on myself. I can't help it, I'm just too sassy for my own good. As soon as I said those words I braced myself for the impact I knew was coming. I felt Mike push me away and Jaime's fist collide with my face. It happened very frequently that it didn't really hurt anymore. They laughed and then exchanged fist bumps. No one even questioned their actions because, like I said, it's basically routine. 

I touched my nose and muttered a profanity when i realized it was bleeding a little bit. I walked to the bathroom and cleaned it off before i headed to first period. Thankfully, first period went by pretty painless. No one bothered me and I sat in the back and flew under the radar for the whole hour. I knew second period wouldn't be as smooth. Vic failed trigonometry last year and apparently had to take it again, meaning he would be taking a class with the juniors instead of the rest of the seniors. 

I was the first one to class, like always. I took my normal seat in the back of the classroom. Someone normally always sat beside me simply because everyone likes to sit in the back. Today, however, I was sitting next to an empty seat. That is until Vic Fuentes walks in being the last one to class. He was Vic fucking Fuentes and he could have his choice of any seat in the classroom and he did choose one. The one directly beside me.

We locked eyes. 

"Goddammit, why me?"

Vic's POV

Never in my seventeen years of existence have i been compelled to sit next to Kellin Quinn. I don't know why the fuck today was different but I just felt the need to sit next to him. 

I heard him mumble something and I figured it was him assuming i was gonna give him shit for the whole hour. I didn't say anything to him as I sat next to him and I felt his eyes on me. I didn't intend to mess with him. Honestly, I didn't know what possessed me to choose this seat when I had free range, but I just did. 

I've went to school with Kellin for a long time even though we were never in the same class because I was older, we still attended the same school for all of our lives. I'm not blind, but I am a raging homosexual. I've always noticed that Kellin was attractive. Anyone could see it. He had really dark hair that contrasted against his fair skin. It was a beautiful combination: pale skin and dark hair. Actually now that i think about it, he's kind of like snow white, but with a better ass of course. It was a shame he was considered so much of an outcast because if he wasn't, people would be all over him. I studied him and watched him while the teacher explained something that I would never understand in a million years. I would most definitely not call me staring at him "a crush", I was just admiring an attractive person. I enjoyed looking at him, not anything else about him. I could tell he was really confused by my presence but he never looked my way even though I knew he could feel my eyes looking at him. Throughout the whole class I would steal glances at him but he would never look at me, not once. I was okay with that though, I didn't like him and I didn't want him looking at me.

Long story short, no matter how fucking hot he is, he's still a nobody and he's still my friends' target and one day of me sitting next to him was not going to change that simple fact. 

A/N

Okay so first fanfiction, this is exciting. I'm shit at getting my ideas put into an actual story.

But here goes nothing.

Hope you enjoy it.