|1|

"I see, it's nice to meet you

"I see, it's nice to meet you. Thank you for letting me stay in your lovely home" - Iris Schade-Renard

Iris Schade-Renard. Daughter of Adalind Schade and Eric Renard. Twin sister of Diana Schade-Renard. Step-daughter of Nick Burkhardt. Half-sister to Kelly Schade-Burkhardt. Niece to Sean Renard. 

She never expected to come to Forks, Washington. 

It all started when Nick learned of mysterious deaths that happened in Forks that were labeled as "animal attacks". They suddenly stopped. He knew he had to check it out and see if it was Wesen causing a problem. So, he got a job at the Forks Police station. But when he got a big case, he stayed in Portland. Iris volunteered to go check it out as her first "mission". 

That's how she wound up right there, right then. 

She was in her old Forester Outback, currently on her way to the La Push reservation. 

She had pulled into the drive way of Sue Clearwater's house. She had recently had her new boyfriend- Charlie Swan- move in with her and her children. Charlie was the sheriff where her step-father was going to work at, but since he couldn't come and she was still a minor, they were going to let her stay with them. 

She pulled to a stop and turned down her music. She stepped out of the car and opened the back door.  Standing there with her  her sunglasses up and rested on her head, she went to the back and pulled out her duffel bag. She threw it over her shoulder and got her other suitcases. She pulled out four suitcases and dropped them on the ground. 

Iris looked to see Charlie Swan standing there. "You need some help with those?" 

"That would be good, yes." Iris grabbed two and Charlie grabbed the other two. They walked to the door. 

"Here we are," Charlie spoke as he opened the door and walked in. "Sue's in the kitchen making lunch. Seth and Leah are out right now at their friends. Uhm... I can take you to your room and then we can eat lunch when Sue's done. Seth and Leah should be back by then." 

She said nothing but hummed in acceptance and nodded her head. Iris held her cases as they walked into a medium sized room with a bed, dresser, table, and a small vanity. They set her suitcases down by the bed. 

"So, do you wanna go eat lunch?" Charlie asked.

"Sure,  thank you so much for letting me stay with you," Iris looked over to Charlie. 

"No, no, it's quite alright! I think it'll be nice to have some company!" He chuckled and she followed after him.

They walked down the stairs. They  came to the kitchen where Iris saw a beautiful older woman standing by the oven taking a pan out. The woman saw Charlie and Iris and put the pan down and took off the mitts. 

"Oh! How lovely! You're here, Iris! It's so nice to meet you, I'm Sue Clearwater." She stuck her hand out and Iris hesitantly recuperated it. Sue quickly pulled her into a hug to which Iris froze and just let her. "Sorry! I've been told I come on too strong. I didn't weird you out, did I?" 

"You are completely fine." Iris said as she smiled sweetly. They continued talk and sat down at the table. 

Soon, two figures walked into the room. One looked to be around sixteen or seventeen and the other about eighteen or nineteen. They sat down at the table and the older one gave her mom weary glances from her to Iris. 

Sue clapped her hands, "Seth, Leah, this is the girl we were talking about! Iris, these are my children, Seth," she pointed to the boy who looked to be around sixteen. "And Leah," she said finishing and pointing to her daughter.

"I see, it's nice to meet you. Thank you for letting me stay in your lovely home." Iris gave her a signature fake smile which Leah could read. 

"So, why are you here, remind me again?" Leah stabbed her chicken with her knife and looked up to her. 

"I'm here to do some research on the mu-" Iris was interrupted by Leah. 

"Research? Sounds boring." She took a bite of her chicken. 

"It's anything but that, but, yeah." Iris responded eating a piece of broccoli.