1/1

kei's eyes gently laid on the screen on a summer evening, half passed midnight as he played some gun game his classmates showed him. high school was a rat dump pile of shit.
slender hands clicked away in the silence, thinking all microphones were off in an xbox party chat. they weren't, and someone knew joined. his username 'tenohten' popping to the side as he hummed and cooed. all mics turning on.
they seemed to all know each other, mutual friends from different schools, and different countries.
tsukishima's focus wavered as he listened.

"you're a dumbass prick for letting kids shit on you so much."

"just transfer out! it'd be better to start new, tendou."

tendou? as in, tendou satori?

tenohten hadn't spoken yet, but he cooed in a hymn of rhythm. anyone could feel his grin against his microphone as silence was broken.
click.
"i have a lot of buddies. don't worry." he says simply, soon speaking again.

"hm? there's someone knew here. i didn't see you in the discord before." he continued to breathe out.

"who the hell are you talking about? oh, tsukishima kei? he's from karasuno i think. is torizawa' close to there?"tendou's soft laughed left his mouth in a gentle breath, "ah. i guess. we played against each other in sports."
tsuki stopped clicking as he soon died, being unfocused, distracted because of this conversation. after a mid-second of hesitation, he unmuted himself and spoke into the microphone.

"tendou satori?" he asks softly, voice hushed. everyone at rest. silence fell in the chat, expecting tendou to respond, and he hummmed.

"you're really good at playing, tsuki. we should do it again." hazel eyes opened wide, feeling his heart pickup speed, kei licked his lips.

"ah— thank you. it's my first time playing with others." he mumbled.

tendou cooed again, again and again until he finished playing, and until he left the chat. four hours had passed, have they really been for that long? it felt like utter bliss, and as tsukishima laid back in bed, he curled up under blankets. he hadn't seen tendou for a while, he's a third year. the redhead had to be busy sometimes. but shouldn't he be looking for jobs?
a basket case of thoughts, exploding in his mind and heart. has he always felt like this towards tendou? maybe it was only the summer heat.
tsukishima came to that conclusion and fell asleep, yet excitement burst into his heart as he logged onto his discord for the day.

a friend request! from tenohten!

he smiled fondly and stood up, walking out of his room. it was the afternoon now, blazes from the sun burning through tsukishima's skin as he walked out of his front door, and to the gas station down the street. headphones in.

he had no intention of taking them out, but he couldn't help to when he saw a calico cat behind the counter. he had no attention on tsukishima, not wanting to have his attention on tsukishima. he clicked away at his gameboy, cursing under his breath, and eventually turning it off out of frustration.
the pudding headed male, then sat up, finally noticing tsukishima and bowing down, at least he had a cell of respect in his body.
long hair picking up, he seemed surprised when he saw a classmate from a different school in front of him.

"oh-- kei tsukishima?" he asks quietly, the blonde haired giant turned his head and smiled.

"kozume kenma. you're glad it was me."

those words caused kenma to shift uncomfortably, as if disagreeing. he breathed out and stared at him, "i haven't seen you since last year." he mumbled, the june's heat had just began, and soon, kenma would be a third year, and tsukishima a second year.