Cupid's Comet

Are you still waiting for that silly rock?" Leianne asked Robby as she stood behind him.

"It's not a rock; it is a highly complex astronomical entity..." Robby answered Leianne as he stood up to fix the lens.

"Composed of ice and soil-like fragments flying in space..." he continued as he finished adjusting his telescope.

"Robby, it's only a comet, take it easy" Leianne said as she looked at him with a puzzled expression on her face.

As Leianne shrugged and was about to leave the dimly lighted balcony, Robby pulled her hand with great urgency.

After 10 gruelling hours of waiting patiently, the Cupid's Comet has finally appeared on the crystal-clear night sky.

"Leianne... look, its here, its finally here, Cupid's Comet is finally here!" Robby said as he directed Leianne to the comet's line of movement.

Cupid's Comet got its name from the peculiar shape of its tail, shaped like a pair of wings, and a curve above that resembles a bow.

"So this is the famed Cupid's Comet, I've to admit, it really is beautiful..." Leianne said as she peered through Robby's telescope.

It is believed that when you see Cupid's Comet with someone, and both of you made a wish, it will come true if you see it again the next time it visits the Earth's atmosphere.

"Have you made your wish? I already made mine..." Robby asked as he peered through the telescope, only to see the Comet slowly fading out into the horizon.

"I just did. So when did you say the comet will be coming back? It will come back, right?" She asked

"Oh don't worry, Cupid's Comet always return to visit Earth... in about 5 years or so." Robby quickly answered.

"What? You're kidding, right?" Leianne said as he nudged Robby.

"Nope... It's the truth!" Robby declared.

"So let me get this right? You mean this time 5 years from now; we'll be back here watching the comet pass the sky again?" Leianne clarified.

"Yes, that's right. You, Me and Cupid's Comet. I promise... Anyway it's 20 minutes after midnight, let's get my telescope and this other stuff inside and get some shut-eye..." Robby said as he picked up his telescope.

'You, Me, and Cupid... why not just You and Me?' Leianne thought as she stood there staring where the comet was last seen.

"Leianne, its long gone... so why not just help me get the other stuff inside" Robby remarked as he tapped her on the shoulder.

"Ok, ok.... Geez, I was just looking, I'm coming..." Leianne retorted.

•••• Fast forward to 4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks, 15 days, 7 hours, 15 minutes, and 10 seconds.

"Nice weather we're having huh? Want to go and grab something to eat"

"Do you know CPR? 'Cause you take my breath away..."

"I should have you arrested; you stole my heart... mind giving it back?"

"Hi..."

These were some of the ideas Robby thought to say to Melissa Milliardo, one of the most beautiful girl in Regent Hill High. It was Robby's junior year in Regent Hill, when Melissa transferred to his school. Melissa's first day on campus, she accidentally bumped into Robby, and he became her first friend on campus, he was ecstatic, being a friend to a girl this beautiful, who wouldn't be? She was like a marble masterpiece, elegant and exquisite, brought to life to be adored. Right then and there, Robby fell in-love.