9. Beyoncé and Jay-Z

Hey, hey, hey! How are you guys doing?

Thank you so much for 1.1k+ reads on this book! We're doing awesome, you guys. Three chapters to go and it's over, but let's make the best out of it, shall we?

Update for why I was gone for so long is on my General Eyes book. If you're curious, go check it out. If you're not, I'm still really sorry about the delay. Hope you guys understand.

Let's get to it then! See ya!

-/-/-

SMOSH SUMMER GAMES: Gotta Catch 'Em All!
DAY 4
THURSDAY MORNING
Kimmy's Point of View

-/-/-

I can't sleep at all.

I check the time: it's a quarter to one in the morning. Shayne's soundly asleep next to me, and I assume it's because we did a lot of work today. I don't blame him, I'm exhausted too. My headache forced me to sleep all morning and get me a restless afternoon. Oh, and I almost kissed myself too. That one stresses me out the most. It was weird to see myself in someone else's point of view, leaning in with eyes closed and lips slightly parted. It's also a weird time to be alive right now.

I put on the sweatshirt Damien gave me, and I take my phone with me. I leave our room and head towards the beach. It's open even during this time of night, because some people just want a night swim or something like that. For me, I just wanted to breathe in some sea breeze to calm myself down.

Do I like Damien? It's a no-brainer. Of course, I do, and the fact that I'm liking him while he's in my body makes it a thousand times better. That's called liking someone for their personality. When it comes to looks though, I have zero problem with that. I've been dressing him up for the past few days, and I'm kinda used to looking like him too. He has nice clothes, but he does need a hand on styling, and that's where I come in. When we return to our own bodies, I'm telling him to buy a lot of nice stuff I saw on the Internet.

Well... if we return to our own bodies.

I'm thinking a lot about what Lucille said, and what Damien and I had discussed afterwards. My problem with life is that I couldn't find myself being completely happy. When he told me that happiness doesn't come full like an Amazon package, it really helped me think things through. Some stuff are best enjoyed in the smallest bits possible after all.

"Alright, maybe I just need a sign," I mumble to myself, looking at Damien's palm lines. "Hey, universe. Um, since you kinda did this to us, maybe you can help me out a little again? Not being in my own body is hard enough, and you decided to time it to Summer Games too. I just need a sign if this guy's someone I should keep an eye out for. I mean... technically, I can't do that right now because I'm occupying his body, but... you know what I mean. I just need a sign, and I know that it isn't every day that you give signs to people. But I'm making use of all my future birthday wishes for this one. Just like vouchers, you know."

It's still for a moment, but I don't think a sign's coming. I get up from the sand and make my way back to the hotel, whispering all sorts of prayers that a sign would arrive. But when I look from outside our window, gazing at the shoreline where I just stood earlier, there seems to be nothing.

---

"Alright, so basically today's a team thing," Jackie whispers to me. "Sarah told me it's something like... we hold each other by the shoulders and form a line, and then we climb up somewhere."

"Oh, yeah?" I reply. "Uh oh, what's the twist?"

"Twisty glasses," she answers, chuckling. "I mean, they're dizzy goggles, and everyone else but the person in front of the team wears them. So basically it's a leader plus a team climbing up a mountain."