General McNamara X Professor Hidgens

Yawn. Henry wakes to his husband's alarm going off. 5:30. He turns over to face him but realises that he is already awake.
"Hey you."
"Come on John. We need to get up. You need to get to work!"
"Can't we just stay here?"
Henry sighs.
"You have to get to PEIP and I have to get to school."
John groans as his husband laughs and starts to get ready to start the day.

"What classes have you got today?"
"I am teaching group 2a period 1, 4c period 2, none in period 3, 1f period 4 then 6a period 5. Then at 5, I am meeting up with my fellow working boys. You?"
"We have to make a clean sweep of Independence Missouri. Apparently there have been disappearances. I won't be home until around midnight."
"Who are you with."
"Howden, Clemming and... Xander."
"Xander." Henry repeats in a hateful tone.
"Look, he didn't know."
"He still hit on you."
"Yeah... He has a boyfriend now. It won't happen again."
"I guess."
"Hey. If he hits on me, you will be the first to know."
Henry smiles and John runs to grab a banana on his way out.

During the day, Henry can't stop thinking about Xander. What if John still liked him. He used to have a crush. Henry sighs. If John was fine with him meeting up with Greg, He should be fine with him working with Xander. He couldn't do anything about it anyway.
"Sir, are you OK?"
"Fine thanks Emma. Just thinking."
"Ok." She replies as she gets back to her microscope.

Henry collapses on the couch. Today was exhausting. And he is alone for another... 5 hours. Henry sighs and begins to make dinner with a microwaveable portion for John.

John quietly unlocks the door. Glancing around, he spots his husband, asleep. He must have tried to wait but tiredness had taken it's toll. John covered his husband in a blanket and said goodnight with a kiss as he makes his meal. Life is good.

starkid__fan's idea