Bonus- Chapter 9: Seo Yeon

Despite what Seon-Ho said, I still went through the usual process of drugging the guards and climbing up the tree and I ran through the market to our home where I found my brother asleep in bed. When I retrieved my memories I planned on not coming home unless I needed to, I didn't know if I would be able to handle all the memories of my brother and father that overwhelmed me as soon as I passed those gates. But it hit me hard today and I was unable to control myself. I was being pulled apart in all different directions, and i just needed to run to my brother sometimes to breathe. So I got in my brother's blanket and clung to him as I used to when I was little. I poked my fingers in his ears and nose as I used to and he grunted for a while before he woke up, saw me, and scooped me in his embrace and we fell asleep together.
   "What's the matter"? He grunted. "Nothing's the matter brother, I just missed your bad odour and the mess you leave around the house" I teased. He just grunted again and reached out to pinch my cheek so hard he had me in tears. He then wrestled me on the floor as he used to after his sparring matches with Seon-Ho "You always run to me when somethings wrong just like you did with father. Now tell me what's wrong? Did Nam-Jeon do anything to you? Or Seon-Ho? If he has I'll kill him..." "No! Nothing's wrong! I just missed you that's all" I almost shouted at him so it took him by surprise. He then picked me up over his shoulder and sat me down on our table outside "Yeonie...tell me what's happened and don't even think about lying to me..."
   I tried hard to hold back my tears. But I could see he knew how much I just wanted him to hold me and make all my troubles go away like he used to but I couldn't dare to tell him about Seon-Ho, not after all he was doing for me to get me home. I just hugged him really hard, kissed him on the cheek and told him I needed to go back before I got caught, and walked away.

***************
I dragged my feet back to the mansion when I was stopped in the middle of the road by the same woman who I saw around my man. She looked me up and down with a look on her face that I wanted to slap off. So I guess this was Mishil. "Who are you? Why are you around Inspector Nam so much?" She asked sarcastically. I took a closer look at her before answering her question; from the way she was dressed she looked just as rich as Seon-Ho did, if not more. She looked like someone from nobility even with her unique jewellery, so why was she so interested in a mere palace inspector who was illegitimate? "Why do you want to know? Who are you to ask these questions?" I replied before shoving her aside, almost pushing her to the ground. She shrieked before she got up again and grabbed me by the arm "answer my question you bitch! Who the hell are you and why are you around the inspector all the time? Why are you at his house? You are the reasons he will not even visit me! How dare a lowly maid like you think of competing with me!" I got so angry I couldn't help myself from answering back.
   "You, who exactly are you? What is your identity? Or are you relying on the achievements of others to get you by in this life." The look on her face made up for some of my burdens, but of course, it didn't last very long. "Just what the hell do you mean?" "Not even Seon-ho's father complains about living with him, so how dare you say anything at all? Unless you have more power over the director of the privy council? Do not even think about threatening me; do not even think about being arrogant and self-confident over a man who will not look twice at you, who does not think about you and will never want you, even if you do kill me."

   I managed to turn around to face her before kicking her in the chest and I ran back to the mansion as fast as I could. But she followed me somehow. Thank God Nam-Jeon wasn't home, but she just burst in through the front door and started hurling insults at me. It was so bad that all the servants came outside and just watched this mad woman throw a fit but I just remained calm. After all we were going through, I was not going to be upset and hysterical about this matter not when too many things were already happening at once. The calmer I became the angrier she got until I couldn't take it anymore and I gave her answers she really didn't want to hear. She made her way to me and reached out her hand to strike me but before she could even get close to me, her face turned as white as ghost. Before I could turn around, Seon-Ho came up behind me with one arm around my waist and the other holding Mishil's arm. He looked so angry even I was scared to say anything to him. He had servants throw her out but I could tell he wanted to strike her himself but I just clung to him so he wouldn't hit a woman but he was shaking in anger.

   "I told you, i have told you 100 times that you can never approach Yeon!" "Why! What is so special about this epileptic orphan! I do everything that you and your father ask me to do and you cannot even give me a second glance! Why!" Before i even had time to process just what the hell was going on, Seon-Ho lost himself in his rage to the point where he actually grabbed this girl by the hair momentarily and threw her down to the floor! I have never even seen the look on his face in my entire life! He looked almost demented and even i could not save this girl from his wrath, even if i wanted to.
   "You...who do you think you are? How many men have you had? And what do you want me for? My wealth? My family name? What use are you trying to get out of me?" I tried to intervene, but the grasp that he had on me just got tighter and tighter with each passing second, to the point where i found it hard to breathe momentarily.
   "I will tell your father about this! About her!" "And i will kill you before i do, do not doubt that." "You wouldn't!" "Just try me, go on. I dare you to provoke me again and you will see what i will do to you if you ever dare to touch my wife again!"