Dangers of chess

We enter a dark room, with broken pieces all around it.

"I don't like this. I don't like this at all" Hermione says.

"Where are we? A graveyard?" Harry asks.

"This is no graveyard," I say. I and ron both step forward "It's a chessboard" we both say looking forward. I and ron Walk out onto the marble board and flames light, illuminating the board and GIANT players. Harry and Hermione come up with us.

"There's the door," Harry says.

we walk across the board, towards the door. Suddenly, as we reach a line of pawns, the pawns bring up their swords. we all jump and back up.

"Now what do we do?" Hermione asks panicking.

"It's obvious, isn't it? We've got to play our way across the room" I say.

"All right. Harry, you take the Bishop's square. Hermione, you'll be the Queen's side castle. As for me and Hailey, we'll be knights. (Just pretend there are 2 knights) we all take our places.

"What happens now?" Hermione asks.

I am sitting on top of the horse while ron is on the other "Well, white moves first, and then..." I say

"We play," Ron says as he is ready for the game to start. A pawn on the other side moves forward. I and Ron study the game.

"Ron, you don't suppose this is going to be like...real wizard's chess, do you?" Hermione asks.

"You there! D-5!" Ron commands. A black pawn moves forward, diagonal to the white pawn. The white pawn raises its swords and smashes the black one. we all jump. 

"Yes, Hermione, I think this is going to be exactly like wizard's chess!" I say.

The game continues. Pieces smash each other, boom! Boom!

"Castle to E-4!" Smash! "Hailey, you need to go to C-3!"

"what!?!? are you crazy?!?!"

"Hailey, I'm sorry but it's the only way"

"Fine" I go up to my space Smash! Boom! The Queen turns, and smashes my piece! I fall and land on the ground knocking myself out with a piece falling on my head. Harry, Ron, and Hermione wince. The Queen turns again. Both Ron and Harry study the game.

                                                                         (Harry's POV)

"Wait a minute," I say.

"You understand right, Harry. Once I make my move, the Queen will take me...then you'll be free to check the King and bring Hailey with you. She will wake up by the end of the game" Ron says.

"No, Ron! No!" I yell.

"What is it?" Hermione asks.

"He's going to sacrifice himself!" I yell.

"No, Ron, you can't! There must be another way!" Hermione yells.

"Do you want to stop Snape or not? Harry, it's you and Hailey that have to go on. I know it. Not me, not Hermione, you two. Knight...to H-3".

Ron's horse moves forward, slides and stops.

"Check" Ron says.

The Queen turns and advances. Ron breathes faster, clutching the steel reins. The Queen stops. SMASH! Ron goes flying off the horse and lands on the floor, unconscious.

"RON!" I yell. Hermione starts walking to him. "NO! Don't move! Dont forget, we're still playing". Hermione moves back. I walk the diagonal in front of the King. "Checkmate". The Kings sword falls onto the ground victory. I breathe out and then me and Hermione run to Ron and Hailey. I pick up Hailey ready for when she wakes up "Take care of Ron. Then, go to the owlery. Send a message to Dumbledore. Ron's right...we have to go on".

"You two will be okay, Harry. You're great wizards, you really are" Hermione says.

"Not as good as you" I say.

Hermione smiles "Me? Books and cleverness? There are more important things. Friendship, and bravery. And Harry, just be careful".

I see Hailey finally wake up and I hug her tight against me, I'm so happy she is ok.

                                                                   (Haileys POV)

I feel Harry hug me tight as I wake up, I hug him back, "I saw them. I saw the deers again, I don't know why I keep seeing them now" (hehe)

"It's ok" Harry says. I look over at the unconscious ron and Hermione. "don't worry, they are both fine. c'mon we gotta keep going without them"

"ok, Remember, stay close to me. Promise? We protect each other no matter what?" I say.

"Promise, I will always protect you. You ready?" Harry says.

"Lets go" 

Harry nods and stands, we walk away.