Grocery Shopping

Valentine's Day special 

---♡---

Walking around the food aisle, (y/n) observed her possible dinner options. Her metal shopping cart was filled with a wide assortment of food, the wheels squeaking every time she pushed the cart forward. 

Not paying attention to where she was going, her cart gently clashed with another, making a slight noise. 

"Hey, watc- oh, it's you."

Facing forward, she was met with her next-door neighbour, wearing a yellow hoodie with 'OPPAI' written on it holding onto another shopping cart, the one that had bumped into hers.

The amount of food inside of them was close to identical.  

"Oh, hey." Saitama greeted. "Man, can you believe that like, everything's on sale today?"

(y/n) nodded in agreement, hmming. Not wanting to waste this opportunity for a cheaper price, the pair continued walking around the store, chatting away about the prices of each product. 

"This one's 10% off! They never have it on sale..."

"Yeah, but it's a lot cheaper at the other store a bit further from the apartment. The quality there seems a little worse though."

After about two hours, both their carts were mostly filled with various snacks, everything stacked up on top of each other. They walked up to a cashier together, waiting for the person in front of them to finish.

The cashier muttered a small 'next' as (y/n) gestured for Saitama to go first. 

She decided to be generous for today. 

The cashier scanned every item one by one, each time the machine making a beeping noise. 

Saitama and (y/n) watched as the numbers went up, rounding up to a total of  ¥8932.60 

"Eh? That can't be right."

The cashier looked up at Saitama. "Sir, is there a problem?"

Saitama nodded. "All the snacks, it says that they're all 30% off. I calculated it and the price should be way less than that."

He sighed in response. "Sir, I'm afraid that sale is only for couples. It's a valentines day special."

His words made Saitama frown. Quickly turning towards (y/n), he held onto her shoulder and wrapped his arm around her. "She's my girlfriend."