prolouge

let's try this again, shall we?

Harry's pov:

As I sit in this pristine office surrounded by my four former best friends, I can't help but wonder why Paul has gathered us here today.

"What are we doing here, Paul? Some of us have things to do." That was Zayn, ever since he and Gigi had the baby, he's been extra vigilant when talking to us.

The look on Paul's face was woeful, and at that moment I started to put the pieces together.

"They're back."

It was those two words that we feared the most, that we hoped we wouldn't hear for the rest of our lives, that sent us into a frenzy of questions.

Zayn was becoming livid, "what do you mean 'they' are back?!"

"What are we gonna do? Half of us have children to take care of, Paul." That was Liam, always the practical one.

"Well, boys we have a plan. Practically the same plan as last time."

I had been pretty disconnected from this entire conversation but the end of his sentence made me straighten my shoulders and widen my eyes. My internal voices were praying to any and every god out there, please do not let-

"We've found Grey, and she will be protecting you five until further notice."

The entire room was silent. We haven't talked about Grey or anything that happened five years ago, it was a forbidden conversation amongst us.

"With your safety in my best interest I've asked Grey to start effective immediately, and she should be pulling up any minute."