CHAPTER ONE

𝐕𝐀𝐌𝐏𝐈𝐑𝐄 𝐊𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 : 𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆
❪ 01 ❫ chapter one
. . . a banquet of flowers

Hitomi ran her sliver brush through her blonde strands

Hitomi ran her sliver brush through her blonde strands. Her motions were repetitive as she got lost in her thoughts. She allowed a moment of weakness to be seen yesterday.

How could she have been so weak?

She is Aido Hitomi, the daughter of Lord Aido, a well-known and respected aristocratic vampire. If any other vampire had seen her, no doubt they would have spread it and mocked her surname. She took a deep breath, shaking her head. She should be thankful no one was in the moon dorms when she cried. 

Separating her hair into two sections, she styled them into space buns. She hummed when she was satisfied with her buns and placed a hairpin through her buns. Placing her leg into her white knee-high socks, she slipped her feet into her mary jane heels, and with a deep breath, she opened the door to her room. 

Originally, she was going to share a room with Ruka until she begged Kaname to change her. Any other vampire would have been burning with shame for begging but not Hitomi. She knew Kaname had a soft spot for her and shamelessly used it to her advantage. 

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥  

"Please, Kaname-sama. Anyone else but her," Hitomi pleaded, staring at Kaname with her teary ombre blue eyes. 

Kaname sighed, leaning back on his desk chair. He rubbed his temple before pushing back his brown locks. "Why should I do this for you?"  He questioned. 

Hitomi reached forward and gripped Kaname's hand into hers.

"Kaname, I'm not asking you as a friend, or an acquaintance as you may see me. I'm pleading with you as a girl with a discouraged heart. I want you to spare me from my dark mind. To have to wake up every day and see her as a reminder of my hopeless engagement, I will lose myself. I already know I can never be her to Akatsuki."  

Kaname never changed his mind after a decision. Yet, Hitomi could. Something about Hitomi always made him want to shelter her. 

Not as a lover but as an older brother. 

Those emotions had never been experienced. No one had made him feel proud or happy as Hitomi did. Yes, there was Yuki, but Hitmoti was more of a younger sister than her.  

"I'll do this for you with one condition," 

Hitomi rapidly nodded her head. 

"Promise me, you'll become stronger. You can't let yourself be heartbroken forever over unrequited love." 

"I'll try, I promise. I will try to become stronger," Hitomi bowed her head. Even if the words had been spoken out loud, they were false. It burned her tongue.