A lucky gem

"Can I go play outside?", James said. "As long as you don't go out of the yard sweetie.", said mom. As James went outside she was wondering what she would play. Knowing she had no friends to play with she would always play alone. She was 5 years old and she didn't know why nobody liked her. For her age she wouldn't understand why nobody wants to be near her. Even in school the kids that would sit by her complain to the teacher. She would always come home crying from the bus where she sat alone. When she would ask anyone to sit by her the response would always be "No thanks empty bus seat." When she would walk down the driveway to her home where she could wallow in peace she would see people her age walking down their driveways with a friend laughing. She would just walk looking down at her feet. When little did she know the friends that were laughing were laughing at her. She sat on the porch wondering what she was going to do. When she was thinking she saw a glimmer of something shiny. But it was in the neighbors yard. She knew she would disappoint her mother but her curiosity got the best of her. As she walked quietly and quickly she was looking back every single step she took just to make sure her mom wouldn't be looking out the see through door. When she got to the bush she heard the sound of the neighbors door slightly opening. A 6 year old girl was peeking out the door. James had already jumped into the bush. The little girl was walking over to the bush to see who was there. When she had her hand on it her mom was calling her name. She hurried inside forgetting about the person in the bush. James sighed in relief. When she was going to put her hand on the ground she touched the shiny object. She grabbed at it but it pulled away she was angry and confused. "How can a gem move by itself?", she thought aloud. When she got out of the bush, lured by the gem, she saw the whole thing it wasn't just a gem. It was a gem attached to a doll that looked like tails from the game SonicR her dad played a while back that he beat. She looked at in awe. The little doll screeched in horror. She shhed it and it felt safe and comfortable. "Do you want to come with me to my house?", she asked politely. It nodded and they both went back home smiling.