8.

Note: This chapter is posted in celebration of Seo Ye Ji's fancafe update! :DDD looks like someone had a party, or is it gonna be a vlive fan meet?? whatever it is, i'm happy she updated today! Chapter 8 - 08.02.21

Soo Hyun proceeds to make porridge with the ingredients that Ye Ji prepared the day before.

Narrator 1: Wow, the ingredients have already been portioned out for Soo Hyun. Ye Ji is so thoughtful. This makes things so much easier for him!

Narrator 2: Looks like our Actor Kim has learnt some cooking skills from his wife over the years. Remember the clip that showed him cooking in a Japanese show? (Snippet of Soo Hyun trying to cook instant noodles but ends up making a mess.) It was a total mess!

Narrator 1: Yes, I remember that too. In 2020, Ye Ji did mention that she wanted to learn cooking during her free time. I guess she passed down some of her cooking skills. Look how confident he is now in cooking! His cutting skills may not be at chef level, but it's good enough at an 'Appa' level!

Soo Hyun puts a spoon in to get a taste of the porridge. "Ahh! It's hot! I burnt my tongue!" he groans.

Narrator 2: Haha! Just when we praised him, we see the clumsy side of Actor Kim again!

"Hmm... tastes just right... Time to cool this down," he said to himself as he scoops the porridge into two bowls.

He pours milk into a cup for Ae-ra and makes formula milk for Ha-Jun. "Ae-ra ya, Ha-Jun ya, let's eat!"

Ae-ra comes running into the kitchen and climbs to sit on the chair, while Soo Hyun walks to the hall to carry Ha-Jun over. He places him in the baby chair.

"Appa! I want to use my princess plate and spoon to eat my breakfast." Hearing that, Soo Hyun hurries to get the set out of the cupboard and scoops the porridge from the bowl into the princess plate, learning from his mistake the day before, and lets his daughter feed herself.

"Jal meokkessumnida!"

Everyone settles down at the table and Soo Hyun starts to feed Ha-Jun. He smacks his lips as he gets his first taste of porridge his father made.

Narrator 1: The porridge must taste nice! Both of them are eating very well!

"Mashisoyo?" Soo Hyun asked, while tidying up Ae-ra's hair.

Ae-ra nods her head as she takes another spoonful of porridge.

Soon, Soo Hyun starts teasing Ha-Jun as he feeds him.

"Ha-Jun ah! Look, aeroplane!" Soo Hyun starts moving the spoon around, while Ha-Jun keeps his eyes on his food and laughs as he finds it fascinating. Ha-Jun lifted his arms up, wanting to catch his food and smiles, revealing his baby teeth.

Narrator 2: Aigooo! Ha-Jun nomu gwiyeowo! His eyes are like his mum and those cheeks, they remind me of cute Mr Baek Seung-Chan!

Ha-Jun waves his hands and tries to catch hold of his father's hand. He uses both hands and manages to grab onto the spoon and puts it towards his mouth.

"Whoa! Ha-Jun is so strong! Bagsu!!!" Soo Hyun starts to give his son an applause, making Ha-Jun smile even wider than before as he takes a mouthful of porridge and starts clapping his little hands together.

"Aigo, I hope you can still smile at the clinic later..." Soo Hyun says wistfully.

Narrator 1: Eh? What's going to happen in the clinic? Omo! Will that explain why Ha-Jun was crying so badly when we saw the sneak preview?

Video shows Soo Hyun having an interview with the crew.

"Ne, ne. We are going to visit the paediatrician later for Ha-Jun's check-up. Apart from the physical examination, he is going to get an immunisation." Soo Hyun says while swallowing his saliva, his Adam's apple bobbing in his throat. He puts his hand on his chest and adds, "I don't know if I can take it..." showing a nervous and worried look.

Narrator 2: I know how it feels. We feel the pain our kids feel when they cry. But they need to get their immunisation to grow strong and healthy!

Narrator 1: The Kims wash up after breakfast and make their way to the clinic. We can see Soo Hyun's nervousness which is evident as he sighs while driving to the clinic.

"Ae-ra ya, Ha-Jun is going to get an injection today, it may get painful for him... So, can you help Appa comfort him?"

Ae-ra nods her head.

"Stay with Appa when we go into the clinic ok?" Soo Hyun tells his daughter.

When they arrived, Ha-Jun has no idea what is going to happen and looks around the clinic curiously. Ae-ra looks around and finds a room with toys that they can play with. Soo Hyun and the kids stay in the room to keep their spirits high before the dreaded vaccination.

Soon, the nurse calls them, and they enter into the examination room. The doctor explains to Soo Hyun the vaccine that Ha-Jun will be getting. As though he understood, Ha-Jun starts to whine when Soo Hyun pulls down one of his sleeves, revealing his shoulder. Ha-Jun pouts and make a sad face as if knowing the impending situation. He starts to wriggle and sob as Soo Hyun holds him on his lap.

The doctor wipes the alcohol swab on his shoulder, and Ha-Jun starts sobbing. Soo Hyun struggles to keep him in place. Ae-ra sits on the chair next to them and tries to comfort her brother by tapping his lap. She looks worried for Ha-Jun.

The doctor holds onto a syringe to prepare to administer the injection. Ha-Jun wails upon seeing the syringe and Soo Hyun can only hug him and say "Mianhae Ha-Jun ah, mianhae! It will be over soon. You will grow strong and healthy with this vaccination." The doctor administers the jab, and Soo Hyun tries to soothe the crying baby.

"Ha-Jun ah, good boy, it's done! Gwaenchanha, gwaenchanha, you did great!" Soo Hyun said to his son with teary eyes as he carries him and taps on his back. "Look at Noona! What is she showing you?"

Ae-ra plays with Ha-Jun using her favourite Elsa soft toy as she moves the toy from side to side, making him move from one side of his father's shoulder to another. Ha-Jun starts to smile and his crying subsided.

Narrator 1: Ae-ra is such a nice sister! Playing with Ha-Jun sure helped him forget the pain of the vaccination. Congratulations Ha-Jun! The vaccination is over! May you grow healthy!

"Phew, that was tough!" Soo Hyun exclaimed as he puts the kids to their baby seats, and he starts to drive off.

"Ae-ra ya, thank you for helping Appa and Ha-Jun. You and Ha-Jun did a great job, so Appa is going to reward both of you!"

Narrator 2: They really had a tough trip to the clinic; I wonder where is Soo Hyun-ssi going to bring them! 

Note: The previous chapter was mostly on Ae-ra, so this chapter is dedicated to Ha-Jun! Did you feel the pain when Ha-Jun had his injection too? I could imagine the resounding cries as I wrote this chapter. But, it's over now! I hope to be able to post the next chapter on Wednesday/Thursday ◡̈