Prologue. {his past} (edited)

Child Barnacles POV (5yo)
Mommy and daddy were fighting again. Sissy was hugging me. Daddy was smelling funny and was tripping too much. Mommy and daddy always fight. Daddy hurts me every day.

Then daddy came in our room and grabbed my hand tightly and dragged me in a room. "Daddy it hurts please." I said. "sHuT uP *hIc* yOu bRaT *hIc*." He left me in a dark room. It was scary. After sometime when he didn't open the door I banged on it. "Daddy please let me out!!!" I pleaded.

Nobody herd me. I was stuck in this dark scary room for almost four days. Four days sissy opened the door. I hugged her tightly. I was scared.

°•°•°•°•°•°le five years leater•°•°•°•°•°•

Child Barnacles POV (10yo)
Daddy and mommy are constantly fighting now a days. After the dark room incident I'm scared of being in a closed room.

Sis was hugging me. I was hugging her back. Kids bully me in school. Daddy started to come home constantly drunk. He hurts us many times.

"Daddy please stop hurting us." I said. "ShUt uP *hIc*YoU pIeCe *hIc*oF sHiT!!!" He shouted and raised the bottle and then-

SHATTER

SCREAM

Mommy fell. Her head was bleeding. We both screamed. "You killed her. YOU KILLED HER YOU PIECE OF SHIT!!" Daddy yelled.

He was right. I killed mommy. I-I-I killed mommy.

•°•°•°•°•°•°le five years leater•°•°•°•°•°

Teen Barnacles POV (15yo)
Dad came home. Drunk. Again. He's constantly drunk. After mom died, he started to bring home sex workers.

He lost his job. So me and my sister had to find jobs. I work at a restaurant as a cashier and my sister works in a parlor.

We make enough money to pay rent, buy food and clothing, and daily nessessaries. Dad still comes home drunk.

Then one day I met Professor Inkling. He helped me and my sister.to pay rent. He always helped us.

•°•°•le another five years leater°•°•°

Adult Barnacles POV (20yo)
"I choose Barnacles as your new captain!" Prof. Inkling declared. I couldn't believe it.

It's been ten years since mom died. Two years since dad died. I didn't mourn for him at all. I didn't care if he lived or died.

I suffer from depression, anxiety, stress, claustrophobia and autophobia.

I just faked my smile bowed. I'm thankful for Prof. Inkling. He helped me and my sister a lot.

I still get nightmares about mom. Saying that I didn't save her. That I should have died instead of her.

But there is this cat I love. Kinda like a love-at-first-sight. His name is Kwazii. He's just too sweet.

'you don't deserve him.'

I know. I know I don't deserve him. Everyone cheers for me. I bow thanking them.

??? Pov
Now that you know about his past. Should we go back to the present, shall we?

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
Hi! I hope you like this chapter!
Who is this mysterious person? What is that voice? Does captain still love Kwazii? Find out in the next chapter!

Until then

Stay safe my cinnamon rolls!