38. Coffee Beans

The next day the day felt warmer for Taehyung. He was sipping on his hot chocolate while checking his phone, a few texts from Jimin who was arranging everything for their 'happy moving day' as the alpha kept calling it. But nothing from Jeongguk. The omega didn't know well what he was trying to do with Jeongguk, he wasn't sure but the only thing on his mind was that he wanted to do things right between them. Starting from winning Jeongguk's trust again.

"Taehyung" Jin's voice echoed through the kitchen. Taehyung just hummed in response, too busy texting back to Jimin. "Care to explain why an E-class Mercedes-Benz is parked in front of my coffee shop?"

The blonde gulped, eyes big and smiling awkwardly. "That's Jeongguk's"

"Yeah, I know it's Jeongguk's," Jin said eyeing suspiciously at Taehyung, arms crossed against his broad chest.

Taehyung sighed. "Long story," he said leaving the empty cup on the table.

"Enlighten me" Jin replied with an amused smile.

"He got drunk, called me... I drove him home and he lent me his car" the blonde explained taking his keys and phone and putting everything in his jeans pockets.

"Tae... That poor kid is been through hell these years, don't lead him on" the elder omega said relaxing his position and looking at Taehyung with gentle eyes.

The blonde omega pouted. "What if I want to make it right?"

"I think both of you are adults now... able to make your own choices," Jin said sitting on one of the stools, the same gentle look on his features. "I was scared for you back then. You were just twenty-one Tae... Just a college student with nothing on his shoulders and I think that horrible experience you had three years ago helped you to grow up"

"Thanks for trusting me hyung" Taehyung replied, returning a gentle smile to his brother. Feeling warm inside because he had his big brother's support now.

"I'm here for you, brat, don't forget about that," the handsome omega said ruffling Taehyung's blonde locks with amusement.

"I appreciate that..." the younger omega groaned slapping Jin's hands away from his head. "I'm leaving now, or I'll be late for my doctor's appointment"

"Take care and good luck with that sweetie," Jin said and Taehyung kissed the top of his head waving off and leaving. "Oh and take that car away from my entrance!"

"No!" Taehyung yelled back disappearing by the door, leaving a smiling Jin sitting there shaking his head fondly.

-------------------------

No one likes to go to the doctor. But for Taehyung it was exceptionally uncomfortable. Having a doctor specialized in omegas was soothing, yes, but it was awkward either way. Letting someone else 'dig' into yourself leaves all dignity aside. "You're healthy Mr. Kim," the doctor said throwing the gloves on a trash can. "You are just having side effects from the suppressants you're taking," Doctor Yu said, going back to his desk after checking Taehyung.

The blond started getting dressed again, away from the doctor's view. "And what's happening to me now, doctor? I've been on suppressant for three years already" he said fixing his blue skinny jeans and going back to sit.

"Your hormones are fighting with each other," the old man said. "Let me explain Mr. Kim, those meds you're taking reduce the levels of your estrogen and progesterone, but your body is begging to start its estrous cycle. This is the response from your body rejecting the suppressants"

Taehyung frowned, not understanding why it was happening to him specifically. "Are you saying I'm releasing sex hormones?" he asked, and the elderly doctor nodded, his calming eyes not changing. "But I don't want to get into heat..."