chapter 3

Tiffany sits in the passenger seat with her glaring brother right next to her. "I hate her Fan, I really hate her." His knuckles have turned white from gripping the wheel so hard. His blue eyes stare straight ahead. Tiffany sighs. Her brother isn't usually angry with people. He only ever got this mad at Lexi. They pull up to the lake and Tanner parks the car, and they both hop out. Tanner drives a red pick up truck. It was a gift from his father. He had felt guilty for missing half of his children's childhood, and had bought each of them a fairly expensive present. Tiffany had received front row seat tickets to a 5SOS concert and a VIP pass. She had gotten the chance to meet Michael Clifford. Lexi had a spa installed into her room with a speaker system in her bathroom. Tanner grabs the fishing rods out of the back of the truck. He hands Tiffany her's and they make their way towards the lake. "You know what Fan?" Tanner asks as he starts putting a worm on the hook. Tiffany does the same. "What?" she asks. "I think we should move to a separate house." he replies. Tiffany's eyes widen. "That way I won't be able to kill her," he finishes. Tiffany gasps. "Tanner stop it! You can't possibly means that!" Tanner sharply turns to face her. "Yes I do! She is a total piece of crap, and I hate her." Tiffany sighs. "Tanner, Lexi can be horrible sometimes, -" "Sometimes? Try all the time!" Tanner snaps. "Fine, most of the time, but I've hung out with her before, and she's alright. I think she's lonely," Tiffany says. Tanner smirks, "Lonely? She's got half the foot ball team wanting to hook up with her! How can she be lonely?" Tiffany, frustrated now throws her fishing rod on the ground. "Please Tanner have a heart," she shouts. "Lexi's lonely and you know it! Since the day Gregory died she's been like this! She probably needs someone. We've been shutting her out for the past 10 years and I think we've left her to fend for herself. It's not her fault mom and dad aren't there for us!" Tiffany's face is red and her heart is pounding. Tanner is taken by surprise. Tiffany usually doesn't react like this. "Well if you want to hang out and stick up for Lexi so bad, why didn't you just say so?" Tanner growls and turns to walk to the truck. He drops his fishing rod on the ground. Tiffany glares but reaches out and grabs his shoulder. "Tanner, stop it," she says. He stops moving. He always listened to Tiffany no matter how mad she was at him. She was his best friend. "I wouldn't dream of spending more time with Lexi than you. All I'm saying is that she's hurting, and she needs some one. Being her siblings I think it's our job to step in and be there for her." Tanner is silent, but Tiffany knows he's thinking. "Please Tanner," she begs. "Give her a chance to heal. She is probably dying inside from the guilt that one day! Please try! For me?" Tanner sighs. He hates Lexi more than any one in the world. But he loves Tiffany more than anyone in the world. He will do anything for Tiffany. Anything, and if that means to die for her he will. "Fine." he says. "But only for Fan, only for you."

   Lexi knows Tanner and Tiffany will recognize her in her hot pink Mercedes. You can spot it a mile away. The car screams "Look at Me" and that's how she likes it. She had bought it as a gift to herself on her birthday since hardly anyone remembered it but her. Even though her birthday is shared with her two annoying siblings!  Selena had given her a five dollar bill. "I'm in recession," she had said. It wasn't much, but at least Selena remembered. Tiffany had smiled at her and said happy birthday, and Lexi had said it back. She had tried to ignore the fact her and Tanner were going to a fancy restaurant to celebrate their "big day" together. Once again Lexi was not invited. She never is. Glenda had placed a cake on her night stand. Lexi loves that maid. Lexi dials up Selena's number. Someone picks up and Lexi hears swearing in the background. Along with loud voices and blasting music. Selena must be at a party. "Hey rich baby!" Selena slurs into the phone. Lexi fights back giggles. Selena is at a party and drunk. Rich baby was the nick name Selena had dedicated to Lexi the first time she saw her car. "Hey drunk lady! How's the party?" Lexi asks. Selena laughs. "Great!" "That's good. Hey can I borrow your car right now?" Lexi asks. Selena gasps. "You mean Madonna?" she asks. Lexi rolls her eyes. "Yeah like the only car you have!" Selena groans. "Are you okay Selena?" Lexi asks. "Yeah I'm fine just drunk as-" Lexi heard a disgusting sound and then a cry of pain. "Selena! Are you okay?" Lexi shrieks. "Lexi can you come get me? I think  I had a little too much to drink," Selena's voice cries into the phone. Lexi sighed. "Yeah, where are you?" "I'm at Ryder's house," she slurs. Lexi groans. "Okay I'll be there in an hour. I'm walking.  We're taking your car home." Lexi hears the phone Click. She throws on her best jeans and a cute red top she had just  bought. Her combat boots are at the door. She groans. "Really Selena? You just had to get drunk today!"