/im sucking in everything/

-
The multiple layers of the party was buzzing with laughter and talking as people drank their drinks. Upbeat music from who knows where was paying over the speakers as a few people danced. Magnolia stood beside Thor and Tony as the three of them listened to Rhodey tell a 'War Machine story.' She liked it but the two others didn't seem to be paying attention all that well.

"But, you know, the suit can take the weight, right? So I take the tank, fly it right up to the general's palace, drop it at his feet. I'm, like, 'Boom. You looking for this?'" He smiled at them as he finished his story. Magnolia chuckled under her breath at his story while the other two didn't say anything.

"'Boom. Are you looking for-' Why do I even talk to you guys? Everywhere else, that story kills." Rhodey said with slight annoyance toward the two men but not Magnolia. He appreciated that she listened.

"That's the whole story?" Thor asked in confusion.

"Yeah, it's a War Machine story."

"Oh, it's very good, then. It's impressive." Thor said with a hardy chuckle while the blonde next to him suppressed a giggle as she patted his arm and said teasingly, "Smooth."

"Quality save. So, no Pepper? She's not coming?" He asked Tony.

"No."

"What about Jane? Where are the ladies, gentleman?" Maria said as she joined the conversation.

"Oh, Ms. Potts has a company to run." Tony said.

"Yes, I'm not even sure what country Jane's in. Her work on the Convergence has made her the world's foremost astronomer." Thor said and Magnolia could practically see the tense grow between him and Tony as they talked about their lovers.

"And the company that Pepper runs is the largest tech conglomerate on Earth. It's pretty exciting." He said as he took a drink of his champagne.

"There's even talk of Jane getting a, um, Nobel Prize." The blonde woman decided that this was probably the best time for her to leave before this got ugly. She made eye contact with Maria before taking her leave to go get a drink.

She smiled at the waiter as she grabbed a glass of champagne before walking away in her large heels. She took a sip of her drink before she heard Steve called her over. Magnolia turned and walked towards him and the tall black man beside him.

"Sam, this is Magnolia. Mags, Sam Wilson." Steve said as he gestured to the other while they shook hands.

"Oh you're the military guy with the wings that helped during the D.C fiasco. It's nice to meet you." The blonde woman smiled at himself he seemed happy about the fact that she knew who he was.

"Military guy with wings, I'll take it!" They let out a chuckle before Sam asked, "So you're Bandersnatch, right? The big white dog?"

"Ah, yes, the lesser know children's book." She said sarcastically with a cheeky grin as the other two let out a chuckle before Sam parted from them and decided to go get a drink.

Steve offered his arm to Magnolia and she hooked her own to his as they walked off and talked as they did. Magnolia had always opened up to him about things as he seemed to be the most responsible out of the group and a better listener. So he talked about the 40's with her and she complained about missing most of her childhood. They both had things to catch up on.