Jealous

//Quick A/N:

First of all, thank you so much for 7k reads and 300 votes 💞!

Second, I was having a mix of writer's block and mental health issues this past week. So, I took a break from writing. Thank you for reading and supporting the story so far, you guys are so sweet. This chapter is a lot longer than the others, somewhere around 3,800 words. Hope you enjoy lol.

***

I wake up to a pounding headache, squinting my eyes tightly shut hoping to fall back asleep. My face is buried in black cloth with a dark, woodsy smell. I recognize the cologne and pull my head away from the sweatshirt, glancing up at the sleeping man next to me.

Corey?!

I was asleep on a pillow in Corey's lap, his arm draped over me. He's slouched with his back halfway down the couch, softly snoring with his head leaned back. I try to slip away gently, not wanting to wake him, but his hand lightly grips my arm and he pulls me closer to him. I feel my face heating up and I feel my heart beating rapidly in my chest. I can feel the warmth radiating from his sleeping body, and lean into his touch.

I guess it can't hurt to stay here a little longer. He looks like he really needed to rest.

How did I end up in Corey's apartment?

I try to think back to last night. The last thing I remember was joining the discord for a game of drunk Raft...

I grab a bottle of strawberry soju, start my stream, and hop on discord. I hear Hafu, Toast, Jodie, Abe, and Rae conversing about something random when I join.

"Hey, Sykkuno is here! Hi Sykkuno!" says Hafu.

"Hey, Sykkuno!" Rae says energetically, "Are you excited for Raft?"

"Yeah, super excited. I'm pumped!" I say failing to match their energy and sounding extremely awkward. Everyone laughs. I try to laugh along with everyone and talk to chat a bit, sipping on my soju. As much as I try to get in the spirit of everyone else, something else is on my mind.

"Why did you sound so sarcastic, Sykkuno?" Abe snickers.

I stammer, trying to apologize and correct myself, but he assures me, "It's okay, Sykkuno. I was just kidding. Also, have any of you guys heard from Corpse lately?"

Rae texts me.

Rae: Did Corey text you back yet

I push my hair out of my eyes and sigh. Corey hasn't answered my texts since he left my apartment suddenly last week. I can't stop worrying about him. When I'm eating breakfast, when I'm showering, even when I get to play games with friends on stream. "Is he okay? Did I do something? Am I the reason he's not talking to me or is it something else entirely?" Ten minutes passes and I realize I've drunk the entire bottle of soju. I guess another couldn't hurt.

My memory is foggy after that. I move my head to peak up and a little bit of light hits my face, peaking through the curtains. My pounding headache worsens and I lay my head back down on the pillow. It's been a while since I've had this bad of a hangover headache. I close my eyes and nuzzle into Corey's sweatshirt, the cloth darkening my vision completely. It's so comfy and warm sleeping next to Corey.

I think I can remember hugging Corey at one point? My memory is jumbled and I'm still clueless as to how I got here. I feel Corey stir, lifting his back away from the couch and running his fingers through my hair.

"Sykkuno? Are you still sleeping?" He whispers, ruffling my hair gently. His morning voice gives me chills. My stomach fills with butterflies.

"Mhm..." I mumble sleepily into his sweatshirt.