Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Ashley's dreams were dark. In fact she didn't have any dreams because there was nothing left in the world. Ashley's eyes remained closed but her mind was awake. In the darkness she heard Jason and another man talking.

"What is her status?" The anonymous voice spoke. Ashley was scared of the voice it was dark and grumpy; she didn't dare to open her eyes. So see the horror behind the voice.

"The Quietus Virus has had significant damage to Ashley's organs!" Jason said, with worry in the echo of his voice.

Ashley heard footsteps getting louder, indicating someone is getting closer. She presumed it was the anonymous figure.

"Jason, do what you must do." The figure spoke. Ashley was not able to tell what the man was doing. She finally heard the footsteps walk away. Her nerves were calming down.

"She's awake!" The anonymous figure whispered loud enough for Ashley to hear. Ashley was now feeling around her pants, she didn't feel her FlatPlate. Jason walked over to Ashley; he put his hand on her left shoulder.

"How are you feeling?" He asked Ashley in a quiet voice. Ashley began to open her eyes, but the urge to leave them closed was very strong.

"Where is my FlatPlate?" Ashley's politely asked back. Her eyes finally opened and she immediately looked at Jason. "Where is it Jason?"

Jason looked worried his eyes widened and his mouth began to open as if to say something. But he didn't say anything. Ashley looked at him for a good five minutes. Jason left without a word and Ashley still lay down on the bed. She thought of the past few days she has endured into this new life.

She still is in a dark unknown. From the moment she was kidnapped, to the time she escaped, and now. She looked around and saw one other person, a nurse in white clothes.

"Excuse me," Ashley hollered slightly. The nurse turned around, Ashley saw her brown curly hair. The nurse walked over with a smile on her face.

"Yes?" The nurse asked as she was looking at Ashley. Ashley first thought she needed to get out, but she then thought it's no use.

"Never mind, I forgot" Ashley smiled at the nurse. The nurse left still smiling and Ashley just lay there alone again. Jason came back in with Ashley's FlatPlate.

"Here, it had to be confiscated for safety reasons." Jason said handing the FlatPlate to Ashley. Ashley quickly sat up in the bed, grabbing the FlatPlate. Jason left and Ashley turned on the FlatPlate.

"Sam," Ashley spoke, calling John's FlatPlate. The FlatPlate projected a loading symbol, in the form of a circle. It took them a while, but Sam's face was projected.

"Ashley, oh thank god," Sam said with surprise. John was showing behind her. They were highlighted in blue. "We've been trying to reach you since last night! What happened to you?"

Ashley smiled but also kind of frowned wondering. "I found a little building in the center of Central Park!" Ashley sounded excited. "And they took me in, but try took the FlatPlate for safety reasons."

Sam smiled. So did John. "Good, you found our people!" Sam sounded glad. Her smile grew, and so did Ashley's. They had a long conversation and when they were done Ashley turned off the FlatPlate, and lay down to rest some more. Her dreams showed greatly, and they were peaceful.

Ashley woke up five minutes after she fell asleep because of a knock at the door. She opened her eyes in an instant. She saw Sam, standing before her inside the door frame just a meter away. Ashley got out of the bed she was laid in and walked up to Sam barefooted.