Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Ashley heard the other team mates yell telling Ben to run faster. Ashley opened her eyes to see Ben near. She was crying harder as she looked up to see three seconds left, Ben sped up and then dived. The possessed were still running, there were hundreds of them. Ben glided in the air. Two seconds, Ashley had her hand ready to grab his when it came. One second, Ben's body passed the doorway. Zero. Ashley's hand was greeted by bens and she heard the Ray shield come on. Ben landed on her; they were on the floor in seconds. The team surrounded them.

"Ben!" X-Patch yelled looking at Ben's legs.

Ben started to feel the on growing sensation of his leg being sliced like butter.

"Erg. oh my god!" Ben yelled, as he flipped off of Ashley and landed on his back. He saw his severed legs no knee cap or legs. Blood was spilling out and making a mess on the train. "Jesus, ah_ God this hurts!" He kept yelling. He saw the two legs outside of the train being eaten by the possessed.

His head was sweating from his pain. He started to settle down, falling into the effects of shock.

Ashley got up. The train took off and Ashley's legs caught Ben. She kneeled down to Ben as he began to faint. "Quick someone, someone get me two belts and I need one of your shirts!" She yelled as she took off Ben's pants. X-Patch gave Ashley his belt. And one of the other teammates gave her his belt.

"Why don't you use your shirt, sister?" Skittles joked, "take it off and let us see some more!"

"Stop stalling skittles, I need a shirt!" Ashley yelled as she was crying up a puddle. She didn't think of anything. She took off the armor she had on and took off her new shirt, showing off her bra and breast.

Skittles started laughing as Ashley ripped her shirt down the center, two equal sides. She put the thick side on the severed tissue on each of the legs. She put the belts around the shirts keeping them from moving around. She put the belts near the severed tissue of the two legs. She tightened the belts to the tightest they could be.

Her hands were covered in blood. Ashley's eyes were red from crying. The team surrounded around Ben and Ashley.

"Will he be okay?" Max asked.

Ashley looked up, as the train slowed down. "We need to get him back to the Medical center at the base. Let's go!"

The Ray shields dropped. X-Patch and skittles picked up Ben. Who was still asleep from shock! The camo shirt was getting red from the gushing blood. The team made their way out of the subway. The cold snow greeted them as Ashley stopped at the top of the stairs. She looked around. Max slowly walked up, right next to Ashley.

"Ashley, possessed people will be faster than us, if they smell us in the open." Max said as X-Patch and skittles jolted past Ashley and made their way across the street into Central Park. The rest of the team followed.

Ashley and max went running with the team. X-Patch and skittles stopped running at the echo of the roaring that escalated in the cold air. Ashley and max stopped with the rest of the team.

"What is that?" Ashley asked as skittles turned slightly to look around the area.

"Over there!" Skittles pointed to the farthest corner of the square park. Ashley looked over and saw the possessed people beginning their charge. Running faster than a human normally does.

"Go!" Ashley yelled, skittles and X-Patch turned back around and ran towards the little house. Ashley looked back and saw the possessed gaining on their position.

"They are coming from all sides!" One of the team mates yelled pointing to each side of the streets. The roaring of the combined possessed forces escalated, and started to hurt Ashley's ears. They were a few minutes away from the house. But the possessed were getting closer for each second. Ashley thought quickly, she took out the radio she grabbed.

"Colonel," she yelled, getting closer to the house. The possessed were gaining even closer. "We are here at the entrance and being hunted by possessed. Send out some help. We have only a few moments before we are over run!" Ashley put her radio back, dragging her feet through the deep snow. The possessed were almost at the position. Ashley looked back for one second.

What she saw was jaw dropping. She saw the reflection of lasers shooting out in a rectangular formation around Central Park. The possessed ran into the lasers and were sliced in half.

The possessed on the teams six were not damaged.

"The door is stuck!" X-Patch yelled as he and skittles reached the door. The door was frozen, X-Patch told skittles to let down the captain against the wall. They were the only ones there at the moment, the rest of the team were a minute out.

"Skittles go over on that side," X-Patch said pointing to the right corner of the little house. Skittles took out his rifle and went over to the corner. Skittles saw rows of possessed charging onto their location. He brought his rifle to his shoulder, ready to open fire.

X-Patch did the same on the other corner. The possessed were gaining on the position. X-Patch opened fire, the blue guns flares shine on X-Patch's face. Bullets pierced through the diseased tissue, black inked blood spilled and stained the snow.

"Ashley! Move you hot cracker move!" Skittles radioed as he reloaded his rifle. "We can't hold this position with these many possessed charging the hut!" Skittles continued to shoot.

Ashley and the rest of the team made it to the hut. The team members with weapons kneeled down and started opening fire. Ashley and max ran to the door.

"The door is frozen!" Max yelled at Ashley. Ashley began to hear banging at the door. Men were trying to get out. "They are trying to get out."

One soldier's area of fire got over run by the possessed, when he was reloading. He was getting trampled by the possessed and being changed.

Ashley looked back at his screaming the pile of possessed was rising, they all were fighting over him as if the possessed people's lives depended on it.

Ashley turned her head. Skittles got up from his position and ran to the door. "Get back! Get back!" He yelled pulling out his rifle. He opened fire on the ice. Ashley was standing still with her bare skin open to the cold air. She was shivering. The ice was slowly breaking away.

"Hurry it up!" Ashley yelled, looking back at the pile of possessed. The possessed now we're done with the one teammate. They smelled the other people in the vicinity, and started charging towards the hut.

Skittles finally chopped off the one piece of ice blocking the doors pathway.

The people on the inside opened the door and ran out with heavy machine guns. They circled around the hut and opened ire on the hostile possessed people.

"Let's go, fall back!" One of the soldiers yelled telling everyone to fall back to the hit. X-Patch and skittles ran back to pick up Ben. They both rushed inside and rushed Ben into the medical center.

"Go! Go!" The soldier yelled again telling everyone else to go inside. Ashley ran inside with her skin just becoming red. Ashley's veins popping blue. The five soldiers that assisted in the team fell back as the possessed were crowding the hut. The possessed slammed against the door trying to get in.

All the soldiers got in safe; they quickly locked the front door. They ran down the stairs and closed the door at the bottom of the stairs as locked it and latched it to the floor. They listened as they heard the banging on the huts door.

Ashley ran into the medical center. But the nurses refused her to come in. Ashley was shut out of the medical room, still with no shirt. She goes to the store and politely asks the lady if she can borrow a shirt until she can pay the woman back. The old lady accepted Ashley's offer. Ashley picked a short and went to her quarters. The one she has not been to yet. She lay down on the bed and rested her eyes thinking she could've just died.