|| Forgotten chp. 1 ||

Jalani Freeman •
• January 9, 2020 •
• 1:40pm •
• 20 •

I fixed the shoes on the shelf as two customers walked out. I work at footlocker in the mall as my part-time job and I got to Seattle University. I'm studying human biology, genetics and human psychology that way I can get an PhD in all of them.

My dad still deals drugs and I guess is like a drug lord? Ion know but he moved us into a big house a year after I moved in with him. I now live in my own apartment. He fought me about for three months before he finally let me go as soon as I turned 18.

My boyfriend of two years at the time moved right in with me. Now we've been together for three years almost four and we're engaged. He purposed eight months ago and I said yes. He used to go to the same college as me until he graduated a year ago and is now training to be a surgeon. Soon I'll be surgical oncologist.

Hearing screaming and running outside the store I look back to see teenagers , kids and  adults all running in one direction. I shrug and go back behind the counter. I stand behind the counter and get on my phone going to Instagram.

As I'm scrolling I hear the crowd coming towards the store so I look up to see two big men pushing people back while a large light skin guides someone through the crowd I look away and back at my phone as they enter.

"Oh my god it's Youngboy!" I hear two other girls I work with scream and gasp as the boys do the same. Hearing that name I freeze dear god please don't let him notice me I say a little prayer as the crowds screams get muffled. I look up to see the doors are now shut.

Ben, three, kd, boomer, kentrell and Mercedes along with like four other dudes all start looking around. Shay, Kira, Leon and tray go and assist them while I stand behind the counter.

"Say shawt' behind tha counter c'mea" I take a deep breath before looking up. Ben is looking at me and waves me over. I put my phone into my back pocket and make my way over to him repeating the same thing over and over in my head please don't recognize me.

"Yes?" I ask calmly he looks me up and down slowly licking his lips before reaching my eyes. For a second he just stares at me with his head slightly tilted and his eyes squinted.

I look at his hands seeing him holding some black, white and red Jordan retro 1's "what size?" I ask him breaking his stare. "I-um 9 in a half" he stutters and I nod taking the shoes from him and rushing to the back.

Omniscient •

Just before jalani could walk away Ben looks down at her name tag. His eyes widen as he quickly realizes who she is. He turns around and run to where gang was all standing together except for kentrell and Mercedes who stood together flirting and giggling.

"Mane tell me why I just seen jalani" he said with wide eyes. "Who?" Joe asked while kd, three and boomers eyes widened "you fuckin lying" three said and Ben shook his head. "Mane on my kids I just seen ha she went to go get my shoes" he explained while joe looked at all of them with confusion written all over his face.

"Who tha fuck is jalani?" He asked and three looked at him "she was our friend when we was younger den one day she just disappeared" he said shaking his head. "Ian even gon lie I really thought she was kidnapped for like two years" kd said shaking his head too.