Chapter 3

711 words.
___________________

Jack Byrne

"Don't you understand? This is a sheer case of murder" I was done trying to make him understand in a polite tone...this is too much...I couldn't let him close this case. Not until I find out that it is a suicide.

Even after trying to convince him for so long, he didn't listen. He just didn't want to listen. I don't know why was he so determined to close the case.

"It's you who needs to understand, Jack!! If you want to give justice to some unknown girl out of sympathy, then you can go ahead and do it yourself!" Joe Clair, the senior inspector, was a very stubborn man if it came to work. He never really considered our points. He did what he felt was right.

But I couldn't let this happen. Amara wasn't any girl to me...I knew her! Very well. Though we lost touch over time, we did have a very good time together.

*Flashback*

I was walking in the streets of Cambridge, looking into my phone. I was new to this place. I had just moved to Cambridge, a few weeks ago.

I walked into someone. I took my eyes off my phone to look at the person standing in front of me. She was beautiful. Her short brunette hair fell perfectly on her shoulder. Her stormy grey eyes looking straight into my blue ones.

But there was an annoyed look on her face, and that is when I realised what I had done. When I bumped into her, the cup of coffee she was holding in her hand fell all ever the ground.

As I continued to stare into her eyes, I felt that those stormy grey eyes had something in them...something deep which she hid from the world. Those eyes showed all the emotions she was trying to hide.

"Hey, careful!" Her British accent brought me back to reality.

"Oh...I'm so sorry, miss" the words left my mouth before I even knew. I was so busy thinking about the pain behind her eyes that I totally forgot what I had done.

"It's okay..!" She gave me a reassuring smile.

"I'm really sorry! If you don't mind could I get you a cup of coffee? " I couldn't help, the more I looked at her, the more I wanted to know her. I liked mysteries and she was full of mysteries.

"Oho! Okay if that makes you less guilty" she laughed.

We went to a nearby coffee shop, she led the way as I didn't know this place that well. We spoke a lot there, it was my day off so I could sit there and talk to her, get to know her.

Her name is Amara Williams. She told me about herself. She is an intern at some hospital. She told me about her parents, her father being a businessman, and her mother is a homemaker.

She doesn't like to make many friends or talk to many people. She likes to be with a small group of people. She was basically an introvert.

I am anything but that. I love to make friends and hang out with more people. The more the people are, the happier I am. Besides, I keep travelling from place to place just to meet new people.

We talked for an hour or so, and then we left. It was fun talking to her. We exchanged our numbers, in case of any emergency.

After that day we met frequently and slowly we become friends. But gradually we got busy, from meeting every day, we had begun to text once in a week. And just like that, we lost touch.

I can never forget her eyes, those beautiful mysterious eyes, with a deep secret.

She never told me anything about it, she likes to keep her problems to herself. She likes to work out her problems herself. I didn't force her to tell either, I thought one day she would tell it to me on her own.

*Flashback over*

I have decided, I'll fight the case alone, for that innocent soul that I'll never meet again.

*****

Hope you liked this part. Click on the start if you want to like the chapter!